Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

It’s not The Apple, but (reading the synopsis of it) it’s not a bad guess at all.

I can safely say whatever it is, I’ve never seen it.

Unless it’s Barb Wire. So that’s my guess.

-Tom

It is not Barb Wire either.

Here’s the 40, which sheds very little light on the subject.

That girl looks familiar. Is it La Dernier Combat?

Not La Dernier Combat either.

Is that The Lure? That’s pretty mean if that’s the case, I don’t think it’s opened most places.

Wow, since it was out on DVD here in Europe and listed as 2015, I didn’t stop to consider it might not have been released everywhere. Checking the IMDB release page now, I realise my mistake. Apologies!

It is indeed The Lure, and due to the above, I shall put the remaining frames in spoiler tags.

60:60

80:80

I thought this movie would be right up my alley - and it was, for the first half, enjoying the strange mix of things that went into it, but by the end, I think the parts were left too disjointed. It was also amazing how the screen shots managed to completely avoid the frequent bouts of nakedness and weirdness, making the movie seem almost normal.

Over to you, @Soren_Hoglund

Tick tock, Clarice

Sorry, was on a business trip*, and literally just got out of the post-plane ride shower.

Anyway, the new 20:20

*That sounds super wrong, and way too grown up for me.

Those twenty-somethings dressed up as '90s high schoolers look a little too unfriendly to be background classmates of the pleasant teen comedies I remember, often based on Shakespeare or Austen. So I’ll guess that The Substitute is gonna have to teach them some discipline.

Pretty sound reasoning there, but it’s not The Substitute.

I suspect the 40:40 won’t be much help, but it’ll get easier:

Movig right along to the 60:60:

OMG I just got it from that frame. @fire is gonna be so mad if I’m right about this, since she’s already asleep.

Is that Hackers?

If so…dang clever choice for the day about to come, Soren.

-xtien

God damn it I KNEW I recognized that 40:40. That’s Zero Cool getting the book thrown at him.

I love that movie. It’s terrible and amazing.

Dingus has it, it is indeed Hackers. I watched for the first time a couple of months ago. I totally loved it

The 80:80, with our leads. (Although tragically Johnny Lee Miller’s is not wearing one of his amazing belly shirts.):

Over to you @ChristienMurawski

My favorite terrible scene in that movie is when the bad dude rides a skateboard grabbing onto a car for one of those “hostage exchanges” type things that movies always do. It’s so bad it stands out in this movie full of ridiculous things. Also, when I was younger, Matthew Lillard was the coolest dude ever.

The new twenty:

-xtien

The Theory of Everything?

I already did that one.

That is a super fucking silly scene, in a movie full of silly things, but ridiculous as it is, I can kind of transpose that moment to David Aurini or some other garbage internet villain thinking they nailed it while completely not realising how ridiculous they look. There’s a weird kind of authenticity to the attitude of Hackers that still works, even if the details are endearingly dated, (Love that soundtrack though.)

My actual favourite moment in the movie though is Angelina Jolie having sex dreams about Jonny Lee Miller in a dress, which still feels really transgressive/progressive.