Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

“My logic is uncertain, where my son is concerned.”

It’s so weird watching this movie again. I realize it is an odd-numbered movie, and as we all know, the best Star Trek movies are even-numbered. But I just cannot resist this silly movie. In spite of the generous helpings of melted cheese it ladles upon us.

I mean look at this guy’s hat. They took a baseball cap and put some foam dealybobs on it! That’s what they did! And don’t even talk to me about the console in the previous shot. It’s like they watched the prison break from that other franchise with the word “Star” in it and said, “How can we make that look cheaper? Quick! Somebody grab some old shoeboxes!”

“Don’t call me Tiny.”

But still, I love it. Look at this. I thought I might be able to bump a 3x3 about videogames that Kelly once did, but that was about videogames that got people killed, not just videogames in movies. Still, I love that they linger on this moment for as many seconds as they do…

The acting is bad, but I don’t care. I love little moments like this, when Kirk says, “How many fingers am I holding up?”

And McCoy responds with, “That’s not very damn funny.”

Also…look! Miguel Ferrer! Gone too soon. :(

As for the 3x3 choices, I was hoping for a cool facial reveal. There are two hood moments I love, Sarek in Kirk’s apartment, and this one:

And for a thing for stairs, because, you know, “Climb the steps, Jim…Climb the steps to Mount Seleya.”

Anyway, I love this goofy movie. When Uhura says, “Oh and Admiral…all my hopes.” Dangit. I hate how easy a cry I am at movies.

-xtien

“This isn’t reality. This is fantasy.”

After this, I think most people will reply in the affirmative.

-xtien

“How can you get a permit to do a damned illegal thing?”

I love everything about this post.

And, hell, I am down for watching this one when it comes on. It’s not great, but it’s also not 5 bad.

You want unwatchable messes, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier comes close. At least the other bad Trek films (TNG ones excepted) are fun cheese, V just didn’t work for me at all.

Totally different head. Totally.

You’re so New Wave.

-xtien

I’ll try and get a new screen up by 11:00 pm Central time.

Hey nerds! Give me all your lunch money or I’m gonna kick your ass during gym class.

-Tom

I saw Star Trek III during its opening weekend. The highlight was right at the beginning when there was big laugh in the theater. Why? Because it was 1984, the year after the TV show “Taxi” had completed its run. In the movie you hear Christopher Lloyd’s voice over the freighter’s comm system before you see him. To the theater audience, it was the Reverend Jim’s voice booming out, not some Klingon bad guy’s. Kinda ruined the effect the movie was going for.

Sorry it took me a little longer than I thought it would to post the new frame.

Your new 20:20

We hadn’t done La La Land yet?

Nope. I think everyone likes to leave the easy ones for me. :)

40:40

60:60

80:80

100:100 - That is all you get to see of Emma Stone.

120:120 - The credits

You’re up @charmtrap.

Well here’s a new one then.

Okay. Now you’re just messing with me. I just watched Annie Hall this week!

“Granted, La Strada was a great film. Great in its use of negative imagery more than anything else.”

Hold on…I happen to have Mr. McLuhan right here. He says, “I think Dingus is actually guessing La Strada?”

-xtien

You know what to do:

DISCLAIMER: this frame is not part of the game, just trying to get a medium sized chuckle out of Dingus.

Mission accomplished!

-xtien

Dingus takes the square!

Woody, but also ‘La La’ Land made me think of it, having just seen La Strada for the first time this weekend. Yeah, it was brilliant, though I was a tiny bit bored by it by the end. I guess it’s possible I was just in a rubbishy mood.

It’s worth seeing for Anthony Quinn, who’s a force of nature. Also Giuleta Massina, who’s really good in this and amazing in Nights of Cabiria, a film I do love wholeheartedly.

Not just a grampa movie, but a foreign grampa movie.

-Tom

This shouldn’t be too hard.

The new twenty:

-xtien

Guns of Navarone?

Which would be the first one of these I’ve seen in weeks ;)

Boom! Boom! Boom! Victory to CraigM.

The forty:

sixty-one:

The eighty-whatever (or DC Comics wants to use this shot in its next movie):

The one-hundred (I’ve misplaced a very large jewel):

The one-twenty (I actually really love this scene):

The one-forty (or The Titular):

My first memories of this movie are tied to “The Dick Van Dyke Show”…true story.

You have the conch, @CraigM!

-xtien

“You may find me facetious from time-to-time, but if I didn’t make some rather bad jokes every now and then I’d go out of my mind.”