Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

Hackers?

Not Hackers.

Basquiat?

Ooh. That seems like a good guess.

Excellent guess, since it turns out to be correct!

Jeffrey Wright: stud.

Your go @matttutor!

Yeah me! Goodluck all.

A New 20:20

Well, no guesses and I’ll be away for a while so here is the 40

Uh… no guesses and those are the two leads…
Maybe it is the holiday weekend. Maybe this is gonna be a total whiff. So I’ll post the last two frames now and plan to post a new film tomorrow!

The 60

The 80 (last one)

That last frame makes me think Severance, but I doubt it.

Least there was a guess. Twas a small film worth seeing (interesting if flawed, w/some great acting!) called Always Shine!

An easier one - new 20:20

I’ll confirm tomorrow …

Never heard of it.

That’s Out of Sight.

“I’m made as hell, and I’m not going to take any more of your shit!”

Baren, you are correct. Of course it is Out of Sight.

Good that the first frame features the two stars, in what may be the most iconic sequence in the movie… well there are many remarkable parts of this truly amazing film. And so many stars!

Like these two:

But also featuring these two actors of note (Soderbergh’s color “coding” is so clear in these stills):

And some said he’s never be a star - look at that punim!

Last one:

These images miss out on even more people doing great work in this movie: Albert Brooks (so so good in this!), Catherine Keener, Dennis Farina, Isaiah Washington

The bathtub scene in that movie is one of my favorites scenes in general. Did that come up in the 3x3 bathtub thread? I’ll have to check.

New frame is from a real grandpa flick. Short too, so I’m crossing my fingers one of you yahoos can get it.

20:20

The Great Train Robbery?

The General?

That’s correct! Buster Keaton’s silent era masterpiece. The stunt work is breathtaking, the effects are all real (including a train crashing down from a collapsed bridge), and the comedy still works. It’s one of my favorite movies ever.

I’m curious about the sides chosen. It’s said that Keaton insisted on making the heroes the Confederacy, and that audiences wouldn’t accept villainous Southerners. Times sure have changed on that score.

4040:

6060:

You’re at bat, @Nightgaunt.

Weird to think that when that film was made, the Civil War was more recent than WWII is now.