Company of Heroes 3: mamma mia, we Total War now!

I picked a good week to have a staycation.

The post is 3 hours old but dev website seems completely screwed. When I try to login, it just sits there.

It might just be me. I made it to one screen that complained about a username already in use, and then an email already in use, probably from legacy accounts since I’ve never used this service before. Maybe I’m in limbo now.

Wehrmact are weird! Most of the units are the same, at least in this build, but the way you build them are different. And XP is earned through combat, but I think we knew that already. And at least as far as I can tell, you can’t build medic bunkers any more. Also they seem to have carried over the commanders from CoH2, which may be controversial. But perhaps the biggest change - you can do mixed Axis/Allies armies. Which gets very confusing.

I will accept this only if Company of Heroes 3 takes place in an alternative timeline where the Nazis and the Allies have to cooperate to fight Cthulhu.

-Tom

I think we may be in such a timeline, in a way.

Thanks for the bump. The website is working fine now, just completed a skirmish. The graphics don’t seem to be optimized so I set everything to minimum.

I definitely won’t be doing multiplayer here, so I’ll have to see how the campaign is when the full game comes out.

That’s really neat, good find.

It reminds me of this:

Damn that’s impressive!

Really looking forward to this one!

I’m confused. I could have sworn they posted this video 3-6 months ago. But that has a new time stamp on it.

I’m kind of surprised they are sticking with World War II and haven’t done the transition to modern warfare like Infinity Ward did back in '07.

I have a feeling we won’t just be in Italy. :)

Still salty they didn’t set this in the Pacific, but I’ll take North Africa.

Aww yeah 23GB alpha demo thing!

Welcome to CoH-Development, our new approach to ‘community-focused’ game development. This North African ‘Mission Alpha’ will be available to play for free until 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 7pm CEST, July 19th. Register below and be one of the first to play Company of Heroes 3.

Welcome to Steam.

You have to register and link your Steam account with the COH site. Info is on the steam page.

Planned Release Date: 17th November 2022

Good to know a game releasing in 4 months is still in alpha!

That trailer is weirdly leaning into the whole ‘Afrika Korps committed war crimes against civilians’ angle.

They talk about that in the PCGamer article and how much they want to make sure you know that even though you’re playing as the Germans instead of the Allies that you’re not supposed to feel like the good guys.