Cyberpunk 2077 - PC technical thread

Hahahahha. Knew it.

When is the last time this ‘one simple trick’ actually helped performance in a PC? A static pagefile preventing defrag? Installing QEMM instead of Microsoft’s built in manager?

Some locations don’t look much different, but I remember one specific cyberpsycho fight location that really impressed me. It was just an area between 4 buildings, a little square hidden courtyard, but it was lit and detailed in a way that just made me stop and gawk.

Then I saw it on a PS4 clip and I couldn’t believe how bland and flat it looked. Completely different game.

Pressing caps lock during XCOM2’s loading screens. Strange but true!

• Core parking for Ryzen CPUs (i.e. restricting applications to only use specified cores on the same chiplet) before Windows improved support for chiplet CPU designs
  • Disabling SMT/Hyperthreading (also via restricting threads to use only physical cores) for some applications/games that for ??? reasons choke and die on it

I really hope they fix some of the geometry issues. As in, getting stuck in the geometry, or being catapulted a mile away when jumping and running into something, or my personal favorite, getting caught on some part of the geometry that causes damage over time, and killing you.

I dropped a body near a concrete traffic barrier, but it must have gotten entangled in the barrier somehow. The body and the barrier exploded.

Well, laugh all you want, something changed after that that made my game run better. And no it wasnt restarting unless you think I run games 24 hours a day or dont do my own benchmarking. CDPR is not a company I would trust to be honest at any point.

I’m sure they’d have bigger things to lie about.

What’s the theory here? That the file actually did something, they’re embarrassed that the values were bad, and to cover it up they’ve now removed this option and made the game permanently slower? Or that they’ve covertly hardcoded the game to use optimal settings, improved performance, but did not list these performance improvements in the patch notes because of reasons.

But this is pretty easy to check: Did you ever try changing the file back the way it was originally, and get a matching performance decrease?

Yeah, when I made screen shots to show Tom.

I only noticed it much while using obs, so it could have been something with it

Save games get corrupted if they get too big - was this posted already?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-20-gog-advises-cyberpunk-2077-players-to-keep-a-lower-amount-of-items-to-avoid-corrupting-save-files

That’s confirmed by GOG. Ouchie :) There’s also a claim that texture LOD is being applied for the underlying DLSS resolution rather than the target, but that’s just a random claim so far.

From what I read, you’ll only hit that limit if you’re crafting thousands of items and not deconstructing.

It’s not a major issue, but the 1.05 patch borks out on Steam when you quit out. As in, Steam still sees it as playing even after you’ve stopped playing. You basically have to kill the process.

Well that explains why I’ve been “playing” Cyberpunk while sleeping.

I guess it’s uninstall time. This one needs more time in the oven.

I had that same bug on 1.04, where cyberpunk.exe stayed running. I noticed this when I started up a different game and got like 10fps. Killing the process fixed it.

And yeah, GOG says I played for 68 hours and while I have played a lot of Cyberpunk, definitely not that much. My guess is 25 hours at most.

This is the first meaningful and terrible bug in Cyberpunk 2077. Never fuck with my hours played. I’m still scarred from a similar bug in Wings of Prey, which is forever stuck in my top 5 games played in Steam.

I could watch for it and make sure I quit out, but honestly I’m so hooked on other games that I haven’t fired up Cyberpunk in almost a week. Nioh 2 DLC, DMC 5 Vergil DLC, Monster Train on Game Pass, and I can’t stop playing Crimzon Clover on Switch.

I think if you just have the launcher open, Steam counts those hours as played time.

Has anyone with Ryzen 8-core tried this with 1.05? It also has the option to disable TAA and GPU Async Compute which supposedly helps with 10xx generation cards.