Dark Souls 3

Ah see I disagree, and stagger never bothers me with dex because you also get quite a few bosses who can be parried. You also get many many more windows to do a quick strike with a dex weapon, but do less damage. It’s just a completely different way to play. I like em both. I actually liked Faith the most my last play through. a 60-fth blessed weapon can be loads of fun.

INT is still pretty bad if it’s exclusive, but they buffed a few of the INT/STR and INT/DEX melee weapons to be viable so it works if you take enough stats for a backup weapon and later in the game the lower damage is offset by greater versatility.

Ugg. I restored DS3 from a Steam backup once I got my new system up and running and I assumed the backup would include my saves. It did not and apparently there are no Steamcloud saves either. Talk about a bucket of piss :(

I did play a dex/int build made specifically for Freide’s scythe which was cool, but the playstyle was so different I’m not sure I’d recommend it as a successful PvE build. Didn’t use int for any offensive casting since I was led to believe that spells don’t scale very well.

I really enjoyed DS3. My only gripe would be that they had perhaps too many call backs to the previous games, especially DS1. I played a Dex character and had no problems, and I had no idea the cap was 60, I stopped at 40 just assuming that was it.

I had played sorcerer characters thru the first two games but in my one look at doing it in DS3 came up empty. Enemies moved too fast for many of the spells to be effective.

My pure sorcerer has been a lot of fun. Aldrich has been a pain but just need to power through his resistance.

I’ve been enjoying it since picking it up on the Steam sale. I feel like the tree is the make or break point as to whether you’ll continue (although the first boss can certainly elicit ragequit feelings, I’ll admit)

You made it past the tree?

So did I. The game’s still great, don’t get me wrong, but there were some design decisions present that made me a little concerned for my future enthusiasm for the series.

Well I think the series is done. Maybe more Bloodborne?

I probably just didn’t give it enough of a chance. I loved going sorcerer in the other games. How did you allot the flasks? What do you think are the best early spells?

Once you get the trees movements down it isn’t that tough. Pure aggression gets punished there though.

So what’s the general consensus on the DLC? It wasn’t available when I first played through it, but I’ve been tempted to grab it this time.

I have wanted to buy it but even on sale $24 seems a little steep for what I have seen described as two fairly short areas. But, the bosses are supposed to be good. I will probably break down and get them before my next play thru.

The first one was good, but has some annoyances. The second one is great.

They are expensive relative to the base game. At release the online interactions are worth it IMO, but if you’ve waited this long you might as well wait for the next sale.

Problem is they don’t put them on sale. They are always (or at least have been always) $15 a piece or $24 for both. Everywhere and at all times.

The DLC is okay, but somewhat annoying and unsatisfying.

It’s kind of like normal videogame DLC where it’s a bit off and awkward. Unlike DS1 and Bloodborne DLC where it’s even better than the original game.

I thought the second DLC was some of the best stuff in game. The areas are awesome, and I love the concepts. The bosses are tough. really tough. I think I died 20 times to one particularly hard boss there. But when I killed him, oh mamma… GLORY!!

Any DS boss that takes 20 tries I consider a wuss.
I usually lose count ;)

Come back when you meet the optional boss in the second DLC, and let us know what that number wracked up to then =) Trully unforgiving fight, with a gazillion hit points, and a few one shot mechanics thrown in for good measure.

Super dumb because of the long boss run. I was already tired of the series by then, so I just skipped it after a few attempts.