Days Gone coming to PC

See? That more closely jives with my instinct.

Your spidey sales figures sense. ;)

It’s unclear where in the cycle the sales came, were they at full price or when the game dropped to 20 or less. Days Gone also got a lot of bad press, before it even came out the gaming press was very negative towards it and it got middling reviews. A critical darling might see improved sales with a sequel while the other direction you could see a drop off if the brand isn’t seen as strong.

There’s also the matter of internal expectation, we don’t know what they internally projected Days Gone to sell v. GoT, if they projected GoT to sell 5M and it sold 8M that’s a huge success, if they projected Days Gone to sell 9M and it sold 8M that’s a failure even though they both sold the same.

That said it’s not like Sony abandoned the game, it was one of their early forays with porting their games to PC, and I’m sure they could possibly revisit the series but with the critic reception I can see opting to try a new IP as opposed to greenlighting the sequel immediately.

All we have to go on is his assertion that he was made to “feel” like it was a big disappointment, too. It’s not like he is free of bias, here. There is a huge difference in their critical reception between the two titles, and I saw someone on Reddit note that DG was mostly unopposed in its release window whereas GoT had to contend with being released less than a month after Last of Us 2.

I’d rather neither game got a sequel and they did new things.

TBH I kind of view all the Sony PC conversions as one series already, with a pleasing amount of variation from one entry to the next. The zombie one! The one with the robot dinosaurs! The one where you deliver packages!

Others could learn from this.

I lasted about 30 min in Days Gone. It’s a little too stabby for me.

They do always seem to involve a lot of sneaking, don’t they. Ghost of Tsushima doesn’t necessarily buck that trend, although at some point I stopped sneaking up on Mongols and just rode right into them.

Well I picked this up from Epic and got started but am suffering from the dreaded motion sickness…seemingly no rhyme or reason why I get this sometimes but not other times.

I am limping through one checkpoint at a time hoping I can make it each time.

I have changed FOV to 100 - any other suggestions?

I have, on occasion, suffered from this mightily - especially in Conan Exiles, but in other games as well.
Changing FOV doesnt do much for me, unfortunately. I went about it by training my mind to not reacting poorly, by playing 5 minutes a time. Maybe 10, or 15, but just enough that I get the first hint that my brain doesnt like the way things look.
I do this a few times every day, and eventually, I can sit down and play much longer stretches, without any issues.
A cursor in the middle of the screen helps me as well, something to focus on.

I do still try to take breaks, maybe once every 40 minutes or so, to avoid any burnouts.

Hope you get it to work, because the nausea is really annoying, when you want to have some fun!

Thanks. Yes it’s a bummer as I’m enjoying it so far and it looks great.

Found a reddit thread that mentioned to try disabling motion blur, chromatic abberation, and depth of field.

Depth of field needs to be disabled by going into the configuration files.

• C:\Users\ [YourUserName] \AppData\Local\BendGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
  • open the Engine.ini
  • Add the following lines in the bottom
    [SystemSettings]
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
  • Save the file and exit out

Something that helps for me is for games that give me motion sickness is to play with the lights on in the room.

I found myself feeling a little queasy while playing this using the mouse and keyboard. I think it was how sensitive the camera was while on the bike. I switched to a controller and my slight discomfort went away and never came back.

Might have been complete coincidence but thought I’d mention it anyway.

Lol I am fine on the bike, in fact as it started off with a long bike sequence followed by the tunnel where I was also ok I though it was going to be fine. Unfortunately I am playing on m & kb as I suck with a controller. I am wondering though whether it is the movement while crouching that is the problem…

Thanks very much I will try

Oh really? My lights are always on…maybe I should turn them off!

I’m happy to report that I changed those settings you posted & have been able to continue without any issues really; as long as I take breaks I seem to be ok. It might take me a while to finish but at least I should be able to.

Thanks a lot!

Excellent. It’s a great game so I am glad you will be able to enjoy it.

Damn I really need to learn to check for speakers a lot more thoroughly at the NERO sites…

OMG you can retrieve your bike? FFS…

I started playing this on PS5 recently because it was free and there was so much revisionism about it online that I thought I should give it a try. It looks good and the core gameplay so far (several missions into the second camp) is OK but it’s super repetitive. Can’t see myself doing this stuff for more than a few more hours. Does it open up at all after this or have I seen most of what I’m going to see?

I mean, the map doubles in size twice, you probably haven’t even met the good characters yet, and the story really goes places. Don’t waste your time trying to grind rep in the first two camps because there is a lot more to the game if you follow the story missions.

Have you cleared any hordes yet? I’m not talking about nests. If not it’s worth doing until you at least get to those.