Death Stranding doesn't just have Norman Reedus. It has everyone!

Indeed a true masterpiece.

I’m an early riser and usually get in an hour or so of gaming/kitty snuggles before work. I’d left Death Stranding the night before fairly certain that I was at the end and would wrap it up in the morning. I was right (sorta), but I didn’t quite bank on the ending cutscene being literally longer than most feature length films. I don’t think I even made it out of my pyjamas that morning, never mind getting any work done.

I just wanted to go to bed. It ate my evening. I finally got to a point I could see I could save and have to go back to it now this morning :/ I had a mixed impression with plenty positive elements before now but this ending has shifted the needle way past ‘wtf’, through ‘omg’ and I’m now just rocking myself back and forth in the corner.

LOL

I still haven’t played , and at this point I was waiting to the Director’s Cut…

I mean it’s crying out to be recut. I have a feeling the Director’s Cut won’t do that :)

Onto another credits sequence now. Maybe this is it!

Directors Cut will have the proper un-cut longer ending. ;)

I’m not at all sure I’d recommend this. It was literally the last game in my backlog and my wife was away so I gave it a go… But, well, there’s a good game in here mixed in with an average one and a terrible one :/

Holy shit.

Yeah, Alistair keeps his backlog lean and mean. It’s quite amazing.

1 Like

It’s still going :(

I remember reading that the end game cinematic is 2+ hours.

And done. Stumbling Jesus Christ.

After years of owning this, with DC update I finally started playing.
5 hours in, I still don’t know what so much of the mumbo jumbo is, but I am enjoying it.

Can it be paused/resumed, at least?

Cutscenes can be paused and skipped.

Every time I think I want to buy this and give it a shot, I check in on this thread and think better of it

Paul playing it and liking it might tip the scales though.

So far it is very weird and the storytelling is very clunky. But it has a distinct atmosphere, the mystery of it all is alluring, and I quite like how it makes a simple traversal a challenge with involved gameplay mechanics.

I have no idea if I will manage to finish it though. I can see delivering packages get old.

It’s a weirdly zen game. Something in the vane of Euro Truck sim or spin tires. It’s not something I particularly thought I would like but it’s really quite fun. I plan on playing the directora cut at some point just haven’t gotten around to it.

Point taken. I fired up Snowrunner. 😊