Deep Rock Galactic (now out of early access!)

My advice, try to no dilly dally in that type of mission. After a time (20 mins?) the turrets in the base that help you kill bugs will turn off as their ammo is depleted, leaving you alone against too many enemies. That’s when things go sour. The team should focus on getting the aquarq as the very high priority, leaving the gold and other stuff if there is time left.

I think I read on Discord that on that specific mission type, the waves get increasingly difficult with time, which would be about reason not to take too long.

This is true but all the ones I’ve failed have been overwhelmed either right at twenty minutes or, in the case of the solo ones I’ve tried, at the very beginning. Like, one time Bosco wouldn’t put down his aquarq so when I got downed by the huge swarm of armored grunts that was already in the cave when I landed for the third time in the first three minutes of the game he couldn’t res me and it was game over.

Uuuuugh, I finally finished one because I got lucky with aquarq locations, and it was still super hairy from beginning to end, but I didn’t do it where the blinking light was so no credit for the Assignment. >.<

If you call for help or select a target with your laser pointer, he will drop anything he is carrying.

How do you call for help? I was trying to get him to drop it by pointing at some enemies or something but it was pretty goddamn hectic with a giant swarm of them surrounding and munching on me.

There’s a keybind. Think mine is X, but that may not be the default

Oh, that would make sense, since it’s how you call for help from teammates when you’re downed. I never imagined it would apply to Bosco.

Indeed , Bosco would have come to your rescue!

Actually I think that time I was screwed no matter what, because apparently Bosco can only res you twice…

3x, if you spec him out that way. :)

You can add 2 revives, can’t you? Isn’t the default 2?

https://deeprockgalactic.gamepedia.com/APD-B317

You are technically correct, 2 default, 2 more can be added.

The best kind of correct.

I finished a Deep Dive. It is just 3 separate missions in a row with two “main objectives” each. Like get 200 morkite + kill 2 dreadnoughts.

You only get cores that can be a forged as a reward for each mission…it appears there are no crafting resources in the missions which is kind of odd. I suppose it is only meant to farm cores?

I couldn’t actually judge the difficulty level of the missions because my team were all auto-turrets. Everything died too damn fast. Probably Haz 3.

I believe standard DDs are 3/3.5/3.5
Elite DDs at 4.5/5/5.5

You only get the rewards for each once per week. Yes, they are for getting cores (for the uninitiated, this is for gear overlocks and special cosmetics)

Hit 13 on my driller. Can’t wait to hit 15, because I want the alternate Driller secondary weapon. Also working on Cryo Cannon unlock, but no huge rush because I love the flamethrower

Woo, fell in with a solid crew and did the Haz 4 PE and the Haz 4 Salvage to unlock Haz 5, which I certainly am not gonna run off and do right now.

From what I hear, haz 5 is waaay harder than 4.

I can’t even imagine it.

Haunted cave with a dreadnought objective might be the worst thing. I kept getting 1 shot by the ghost and/or the dreadnought. It was ridiculous.