Deep Rock Galactic (now out of early access!)

I didn’t even know caves could be haunted until you mentioned it. I have 24 hours in this game!

It’s one of the mutators. I haven’t done it, but it sounds crazy:

The ghost of an angry Bulk Detonator known as the “Unknown Horror” will pursue the dwarves. It spawns a few moments after the Drop Pod lands and will constantly stalk the team for the entire mission. It cannot be stopped or killed but it is vulnerable to some slowing effects, such as the Scout’s IFG. It deals slightly reduced damage compared to a standard Bulk Detonator. This warning provides a +30% Hazard Bonus

lol, “slightly less damage”. Bulk Detonators hit extremely hard. Thirty whole percent bonus!

I completed my first ELITE Deep Dive…(also in Magma Core) According to the after mission chatter it went rather well.

The first mission was completely insane. The area we operated in was almost entirely a large vertical shaft and one of the those giant exploders erupted at the bottom of it taking out 3 of us in the process. Also it was low oxygen so we were all hugging Molly more than usual. We still managed to beat it and get back to the pod. The second mission went super smoothly. The last mission…only 1 guy got out alive. Mule salvage objective replete with the broken drop pod defense bullshit. We had a pretty good setup but the hoard was just stupid massive…also we had no shields at all. (shield disruption)

Man, what the fuck.

Thankfully the ghost is really slow. If you can keep track of it it can be avoided. It mainly forces the group not to stand still for long.

I dislike ghost missions. So I don’t play them. :)

I am so directionally challenged in 3D spaces it’s ridiculous. I’d probably run into it thinking I was running away. I’m just glad I can pull up the last pointer at any time and see where you guys are, because I’m always losing track 🤣

Got the Cryo unlocked and a sliver from 14. One more level and I can work on unlocking the EPC.

Made it to 15. Had my first encounter with a Crassus detonator. Ended up clearing over 1k gold that mission.

Man, I love this game. I wish it was on PS4 and had crossplay so my brothers could rock and stone with me, but I do a quick mission every night before bed. Such a great little game.

Ah ha. I did a mission the other night with some guys and a detonator went up and suddenly there was a huge gold-lined crater and I was like wtf.

Wait, did I do that one with you?

Coordinated teams will drill a long tunnel and all run down it. Once the detonator is 10 meters in finish it off. Will maximize the gold you can get upwards of 2000+ thanks to getting the ceiling coated.

Driller can drill off the top of the sphere, mine along the equator and the whole ceiling falls at once. Saves a lot of time at cost of driller fuel.

I shed a tear when groups kill them in the open.

It is cross-play between Xbox and Windows Store at least.

Yeah. I have it on Steam.

Nah. I’ve only seen one and I was solo. I didn’t realize it was a Crassus , but has a decent yield because it was near the end of a room.

@kono1134 properly specced, a satchel charge has a carve diameter of over 15 meters. Seems like that would help a great deal.

You’re allowed to buy it again!

Not according to my wallet!

I’ve unlocked the last tier of perks. Got engineer to 5 last night for the perk points. Should do the same with Scout. Need 20 for the last passive slot. Meanwhile, my driller is at 20 and looking forward to getting my first promotion

Had a nutty mission earlier. Needed 2k xp to hit 25, so jump into a hazard 2 1/1 mission to get the last bit. That little map had:

Huuli hoarder
Cargo crate
Lost helmet
Machine event (which I couldn’t start)

Crazy stuff

Armor and crate on a 1-1 is crazy indeed.

This game has ruined me for all other games. In that now in any game when I am in a cave I instinctively hit F. I can’t stop myself. I have to remap the key.

https://twitter.com/JoinDeepRock/status/1301858093538643969

Speculation about the new mode? I hope it’s not just go to point A, and fight while building something, then go to point B, repeat, then to point C, repeat. That would be too close to modes we have already.
The 3 build pipelines indicators are shown in a different way than normal primar/secondary objectives. Maybe it’s because they can be built but also damaged, so it will be three points you have to defend at the same time.