Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

Sweet! Before they changed the balance in a patch, some of those wave-based enemy attack scenarios were SO HARD in Destiny on the tougher difficulty. I think I did that mission where you first discover the robot enemies in a giant room, I did that mission a million times before I finally got through it. But each time it was just so much fun. That’s the mission at the end of which your reward is the line “I don’t have time to tell you what I don’t have time to tell you”, or whatever the line was.

Sadly, they later rebalanced the game so that hard difficulty was pretty much impossible, so you had to play on Normal, and that mission was a cakewalk with my second character on Normal difficulty. I’m still bitter about that.

If they’re going to do that again in Destiny 2, then the time to play the single player will be right after launch, in those first three months before they completely rebalance the game’s difficulty balance.

Guess August will tell what kind of anti tech the PC version will have in it, and if they will use Warden or some rootkit like EAC/PB - I at least hope they’ll announce it in August so I can pick up the PS4 version instead.

Read that everything will revolve around 4v4?
I kinda like the 6v6 matches in Crucible, the 3v3 modes I normally don’t play at all. But guess hard to tell until tried it. I guess that means smaller maps and at least less loading time.

Loading time is probably the biggest reason to play it on the PC. At least on the PS4 Destiny 1 it takes ages to do anything.

Counter Strike would like to have a word with you.

Interesting. It occurs to me that this is the first time Bungie is developing a PC game since Oni. And that was Bungie’s San Diego office or something. And before that they were on the Mac in pre-historic days. So I might actually count this as Bungie’s first PC game, in a way.

Halo’s PC port was done by Gearbox I believe. And Halo 2’s port was done by someone other than Bungie as well, I think.

PC Version is also made by someone else afaik?

So we’re getting a port of a console title – mileage may wary.

Looks like you’re right. PC version is being done by Vicarious Visions, it looks like.

Still, in this case, it sounds like a Bungie developer getting involved in the PC version’s development.

This may be one of the single dumbest things I’ve ever heard a shooter developer say.

I hope they mean there is no recoil when using mouse. Because I plan to use a controller on the PC.

Bungie needs to ease PC gamers into this new shooting genre (called FPS) that has only existed on consoles. Learning mouselook while also compensating for recoil is too much.

PC shooters have recoil most of the time, don’t they? I admit, it’s been a while since I’ve played a shooter in a pic… But that seems like a thing.

Yes…

Counter-Strike for example.

I’d expect the pc version to have more recoil, not less, to compensate for more precise mouse aiming.

Later the guy corrected himself. He mean that thing where the aiming go up, and stay there instead of returning ot where you was aiming.

Yes, that would be recoil.

Ah, it could actually just mean that after you stop firing, the gun returns to the original spot.

So you could still have recoil while firing, meaning you would still need to fire in bursts for accuracy. It just wouldn’t require the pulling the gun in the opposite direction that you kind of need to do on consoles.

It actually does make sense, because with a gamepad, countering the pull requires just moving my thumb a fixed amount and holding it. With a mouse, it would require constant moving of the mouse in a given direction while firing, which would be weird.

That’s exactly how pretty much all PC shooters already work. You have to adjust with the mouse to compensate for the recoil and keep the reticle on your target.

I’ll have to watch myself play a shooter on the PC again. Am I constantly readjusting the mouse to center it? I must be. Otherwise recoil would make it that I’m constantly going up on the mousepad to compensate for recoil. If I wasn’t readjusting, I’d go off the top of the mousepad after a bit. And for people who don’t play with inverted aim, the bottom of the mousepad.

Ya, honestly, I can’t recall exactly how I play a shooter with a mouse…

To be honest, that will probably be me. :)

Ironically, nothing knocks me out of a game more than story, at least in the way it is typically written and presented in most video games.