Diablo III

Some great quality of life changes announced in the press kit. Screenshots seem to suggest an armory for quick swapping gear builds in town and separate space for crafting mats. Though perhaps I misunderstood.

70 in a few hours? That be crazy, yo.

I used to take my time. Seasons have partially sucked the casual fun out of the experiece by forcing me to powergame.

Oh man, I can’t wait to hear more about this. I’m actually more interested in QoL changes than content right now.

So you can’t watch the D3 Blizzcon stream starting in a few minutes without dropping $50 on a virtual ticket, can you? Booooo.

Oh thank fuck, an armory!

Hopefully it doubles as its own stash space as well.

Yes! This will make it so much easier to save up set pieces and other key items for numerous characters. I’ve been desperate for a better solution than mules.

The Darkening of Tristram (D1 in D3) may only be a special event?

For a fleeting time, this town will appear as it was many years ago.’

That would be super lame. Unless it was recurring, I guess.

Seems like it will be an annual, month long event. That’s a bit crappy.

Er, yay? Renaming the primary resource does not a new class make…

Neither does merely renaming debuff mechanics.

I wonder if WD and Necro are just going to be too mechanically similar.

Bunch of pics here of various bits and pieces.

Seasons coming to console? Note the controller button prompts.

“the armory change will be later 2017”

“Necro coming 2nd half-ish next year.”

Did I read that right from the live stream? Summer 2017? :(

Edit: was very happy to read the necro pets will have active components

Late 2017 is a long way away.

If I stop playing D3 this second, maybe I can start overcoming a lot of the burnout seasons inflict on me and I’ll come back jazzed and refreshed for Necro and Armory. A lot of these changes look great on the surface.

Or controller coming to PC?!

That would make me reinstall D3.

Same here. This genre feels like it was made for the gamepad, especially if you consider the shift to more elaborate boss mechanics that has been surfacing up in these games lately (most notably PoE and D3). It’s just so much easier to dodge attacks and spells when you don’t have to throw your mouse around the screen to first cast your own spells and then move out of the fire that’s coming your way.

On a somewhat related note, PoE subreddit feels like a refuge for D3 players right now, lol. I had no idea how resentful they have become towards Blizzard.

Dont see why they couldn’t just let you move your character with the arrow keys while retaining targeting etc with mouse cursor.

Blizz set up an expectation for the Diablo 25th anniversary at Blizzcon. The diehard Diblo players are kind of scratching their heads thinking - “a timed dungeon with a D1 theme but no mechanical changes and the reveal of a character class that is likely to to play a lot like the WD…wait, is that all?”

Not to mention the necro and other new features (two new areas, armoury) are not due for quite some time yet, while Blizz are smashing through the seasons like they want to get this shit done and dusted (they originally promised ten seasons, but have accelerated the timeline of the last two - shorter and less downtime).

And why on earth would they make Darkenss comes to Tristram timed? Do they not want it to become part of the core content of D3? Part of the natural (season) progression? Something they could build conquests around from season to season? An area where only certain new items drop, so a good place to farm, thereby adding things to do other than R/GR?

They mention the best way to play…wait, I think I mean experience…DCTT will be with a new toon, almost certainly as any existing GR60+ farming toon will faceroll the content.

Still have to wonder at the future of Diablo at this point, despite the announcements. This season has me tired, I think I was expecting more and as I have thought about the announcements and the info beginning to come out, my enthusiasm has dampened a little.

How big is the D3 team and what do they do all day, compared to the Grinding Gear Games who churn out good content like nobody’s business? All they have to announce is a custom dungeon and new features that are 6 months away?

Maybe there is more to come from Blizzcon yet.