Diablo III

Cool. That’s something I might mess with long term.

Wait a minute, seems this has been patched out. Won’t work for cubing, only shards.

Cubing requires a L70 item, so pulls from the entire item pool now.

Shard expenditure is linked to character level, so will reduce the pool. Roll a WD and spend all your shards there.

Which means this may not be ideal really, depending on where you are on your power growth. Spending shards on weapons and jewellery is generally a terrible waste as they are so expensive. Unless you already have all the armour pieces you need, your cheapest and fastest power growth should come from completing that aspect first. Particularly as often you are doing enough DPS through set bonuses, but may lack damage mitigation from complimentary armour legendaries.

The Furnace is good and all, but often there is something else you can use in that weapon cube slot that will be almost as helpful.

When you said “cubing” before, I thought you meant extracting passives, which made perfect sense in context. I currently have Scourge in my weapon slot. Between that, the Death Watch shoulders I’m actually wearing, and the Bloodshed rune on battle rage, it’s pretty funny.

I also meant it in terms of cube crafting - upgrading rares to legendaries using the cube recipe. That no longer reduces the legendary item pool based on character level, so don’t roll an alt to cube craft. Only roll an alt to spend blood shards. :)

So, I dinged 70, and finished the rift I was in. The guardian drops a legendary two-handed and I’m like, how cool is that! So, I identify it and it’s a Blackguard, which doesn’t seem all that great. I’m near full on blood shards (I’ve gotten three or four blood goblins in limited play today) so I go gamble a two-hander. And lo and behold, a bovine bardiche. Now, I know it’s a joke weapon, but it’s pretty darned good as a starter 70 weapon. Finished up chapters 2 and 3 (both were almost done) and have 4 pieces in the set now

When you are done with it, make sure to put it in the cube by itself and hit transmute… :)

Yeah, I know, lol. Thanks, though.

Now to work on getting chapter 4 done to finish the set.

Death’s Breath - are normal Rifts or Greater Rifts better?

No DB in GRs

The luck continues. Did my first cube upgrade to legendary and got a Blade of the Tribes w/ 196% earthquake damage. Think I am geared well enough to complete ch 4 now.

So I’m going through a bunch of bounties and kind of off-handedly collecting those fanatic pages and I’m finding I have multiples of 1-6, and not finding any at all of 7-9. Is this due to me not hitting the right spots, or is this purely random and I’m just rolling snake eyes every time?

There are only 7.

OK, so good news/bad news I guess. Where the heck is #7?

Found all of them doing the usual stuff in act 1 I think, just doing bounties.

I would guess Leorics Mansion? would have a fair bit of cultists.

Only ever found 1 #7 though, had lots of the others.

I believe they are random drops from maps featuring cultists, but there’s only 1 drop per instance from the ‘right’ cultist. I forget what they look like since they all die so fast it’s only at the end I ever noticed it on the ground.

Lucky you. My Barbarian seems to be stuck around T1 and haven’t found anything yet to boost her to T4 level content to be able to complete the final season chapter.

You’ll find it. Cultists are all over the damn place. Just run around murdering stuff, you’ll find it.

T4 should be pretty doable with a grab bag of reasonably statted legendaries, or even some rares. Just get the usual “main stat on everything, sprinkling of various toughness stats, as much crit as you can find” with a decent emerald-socketed weapon and you should be fine.

Huh. Got past L25 GRs, and never even noticed. ;)

Is it cool to sell these after completing the achievement?

And yeah, like right after I posted that, I found it. Of course.

Was just wondering the same thing. You can’t do anything with them can you?