Diablo III

They’re excellent at taking up stash space.

I am melting stuff on T4 this afternoon, including Malthael. The only thing I need left in ch4 is jewelrycrafting recipes and the gr20, which isn’t going to be a problem, I don’t think. But if you are at T1 that should be enough to finish ch 3. Are you getting the barbarian set? It’s bonkers.

Was this fixed? I have been playing in 64 bit mode (just started playing again for the first time since release of the expansion) and my FPS has been in the 140s. Playing solo though.

I think so, yes, according to one of the my regulars I was grouped with yesterday.

I’ve only played solo or duo, but it’s been fine here.

Playing this again after a couple of years and everything in the game, and the last dozen or so posts in this thread, make zero sense to me. I am playing a season/adventure mode (I think I am playing in adventure mode, not really sure how to tell).

Anyway, my question is, Normal difficulty so far is extremely easy, but I haven’t hit any major bosses yet. Should I up it to Hard, or should I wait until I have more skills unlocked and better gear? Is difficulty level gear dependent I guess I am asking?

Normal difficulty is for like if you’re playing on a touchpad or something. I generally play Hard to 70 unless I luck into some fairly obscene drops.

Difficulty is absolutely gear dependent. It’s primarily gear dependant, even.

You’re playing adventure mode if there are bounties and such. Story mode is the classic “do quests in order” one. Adventure mode starts with all waypoints unlocked; that should be a clue.

Ahh ok, they aren’t, thank you.

Sounds like I should up it to Hard as well then. I am so used to Grim Dawn/Titan Quest at this point, D3 feels so weird, but it so well done. Would love to see a game with GD’s depth and with D3’s atmosphere and graphics.Oh and as someone mentioned above, the Corsair keyboard integration is soooo cool. Playing in a dark room, you can see out of the corner of your eye when a skill becomes available again as the key lights up again. Would love to see more games support it.

Adventure mode (which you can get to from the game settings menu at any time before you enter a game, once unlocked by beating act V) is a nice change. You get to bounce around anywhere on the map right from level 1.

There are things I love about Grim Dawn regarding the amount of depth, but something Diablo does very well is give you end game progression stuff to do. This is so very different from the old-school “I beat the game now let’s redo the whole thing on the next difficulty” progression, and I find that I am rather liking it, at least for the moment. The season mode, as an enforced ironman of sorts, is also bloody brilliant.

I have also missed having legendary items that radically change aspects of the game, perhaps my favorite thing about the Diablo series.

Chapter 4 of the season is in the books. My offense has soared astronomically from completing the set and I am tweaking gear for survivability now. Offense is definitely ahead of defense at present. Hoping to get moratorium legendary gem soon, as I think that will help quite a bit.

Man, I would have said that Diablo 3’s biggest weakness was not really giving you anything worth doing at endgame. It’s why I quit playing. It’s a fun ride from 1-70 a few times but then it’s just hoping legendaries drop and they don’t do so nearly often enough to sustain my interest. And set items barely drop at all.

Well, I hadn’t played since shortly after release, and it has changed a ton since then. The way the season is structured, you can get a full 6 pc set on a single character by doing season stuff, which helps a ton (a single set is potentially available for each class and the sets rotate with each season). Legendaries are rather plentiful, especially once you start pushing difficulty up a little (I just got an achievement for having lv 70 legndary (including set) items in every slot a while ago. I’ve seen a few set item drops as well.

Just wondering if you’ve played at higher difficulties? Because once you get past Torment VIII or so, they start dropping quite frequently.

To survive at those difficulties you have to have spent a lot of time farming them at lower difficulties or gotten very lucky. And I don’t want to do that.

I don’t intend this to be an argument. I am happy for people who find that a compelling gameplay loop. It just isn’t for me.

So the Monk is hilarious.

• Sweeping Wind all the time, so shattering objects constantly
  • Warzechian Armguards give a burst of speed every time I shatter an object
  • Mantle of Conviction | Annihilation gives a burst of speed every time I kill something
  • L25 Boon of the Hoarder gives a 62.5% chance for monsters to drop gold piles and a burst of speed every time I pick up gold
  • Was having Spirit problems, but now I have a Crushbane or whatever that has a chance to recover 20% resource every time you smash an object or kill an enemy.
  • Vrrrooooooommmmm!!!

Lashing Tail remains the best tail. Still one-shotting most everything.

Vrroooommm!!

Level 70 is where mid-game begins, not end-game. ;)

Put a bit more time in and Legendaries and Set pieces drop all the time, even in earlier Torment. Also factor in Kadala and the Cube.

I found following the season journey rewarding in terms of leading me towards a set to build around, doling bits out as you go. When you’ve done the 4 chapters of that you’re at Greater Rift 20 on Torment IV, and magic things rain from the sky. :)

Thanks for popping in to let us know. ;)

I’ve got a character at torment 4, FWIW. But my point is that there isn’t anything really new to do once you hit 70. It’s just farming gear drops to handle higher difficulties to get more drops. Obviously that’s enough for a lot of people but to describe it as a uniquely satisfying endgame is weird to me.

In the seasons I played heavily my focus was completely on getting the seasonal rewards, specifically the permanent stash tab. The loot was more of a means to that end.

How do you get that?

Here is a summary.

https://d3resource.com/journey/

You need to get to Conqueror so do the things above that. :)

Thanks