Diablo III

Lol, it’s the one set I know well, because it’s the one I’ve been using.

I actually tried switching to wastes yesterday because I’m getting a bit frustrated with lack of progress at this point, and the results weren’t so hot.

And for reference, My Barberolla:

That’s with the Ancient Spear, Boulder Toss variation, as opposed to Seismic Slam. Solo’d GR70 a few seasons back. Awesome build. You’ll notice no generators, as Misguided says, you don’t need one after you get the Lut Socks and you can substitute in utilities like War Cries and Battle Rage, or the old time damage king Wrath of the Berserker. The mitigation pieces you absolutely need at some point are Ancient Parthan Defenders and Band of Might.

And mine:

Here is my Crusader. Not really asking for advice yet. Need to get 2 more legendary gems leveled up and put into use…and then I don’t know what.

Well, I finally managed the T12 in under 6, leaving the only thing left in my current season chapter being a conquest.

I threw on my unique gear and gave it a go, but it’s still not happening, despite adding a couple new %fire damage bonuses to the mix and three lvl 50 ancient augments. I did manage to kill an elite group and a champion, but wow it took a long time.

I think I Seismic Slammed stuff to death with Girdle, but don’t really remember the combination of uniques I used. Pretty sure I had Blade of the Tribes and probably had The Furnace cubed, which is a huge help against elites. It was definitely a matter of slow and steady wins the race though.

But, switch out the Mantle in the cube for a Girdle and wear a Dread Iron instead to go hard with a War Cry, Threatening Shout, Ground Stomp (replacing WW), Seismic Slam combo. Wearing a Dread Iron gets you double Avalanche damage from the additional affix, so is more beneficial being worn.

Review passives - Rampage may be no good if you are not killing things quickly enough to build stacks.

Also don’t forget you really need to blow a bunch of resources to roll crit on gear as per usual, even though you are only gonna wear it for the conquest.

You’ve got plenty of Paragon, which will go a long way as well.

And excuse me for presuming you are not doing some of this stuff, obviously it is hard to tell from a paper doll that is not reflective of your conquest build! :)

Ooh, another consideration, drop Leap for Wrath of the Berserker, swap Rampage for Boon of Bul Kathos and wear an Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac - All Wrath, all the time! Wear Illusory Boots to compensate for the otherwise lack of ‘Oh Shit’ mobility.

Yeah, I know rampage won’t work, I just hadn’t bothered switching it out yet.

I feel like the best option is to go with fury of vanished peak and slam spam, since earthquake just doesn’t work, but then fury generation becomes a huge problem without blade of the tribes. Maybe the dread iron will help there.

I didn’t make a serious attempt tonight, just ran into a T10 neph portal and judged how long it was taking to whack stuff.

I have tried ORZ/Wrath but I didn’t today.

I’d really prefer to have unity for the, but still haven’t gotten a second one.

Thanks to sharaleo for a fun evening of countless GR45 rifts and a vault run, among other things, I was able to fill in many of the holes I had in my build. Got a Furnace (cubed), a Restraint (to go with the Focus I already had), and several other drops that will really help. Legendaries and set items were dropping so fast I couldn’t keep up! I think I gained somewhere around 50 Paragon levels as well, and funds went from 3 mil to over 120. I was doing T7-8 before (thanks to Misguided’s advise I was able to cube some Lut Socks! :)), but now I might be able to step it up even more.

Thanks again sharaleo! Still working on incorporating all the new items and whatnot, but I’m well on my way. Strangely my paper doll DPS has dropped significantly, but damage done seems to be up. Not sure what’s up with that.

One thing I’ve always wondered about grouping in D3. When killing a boss or opening a chest does everyone see the same things drop so anyone can grab them, or does each person see only their own? I know I can see items that others drop on purpose, but I’ve never been clear on drops seen while adventuring.

Each person sees their own personal loot, not seen by others in the group.

Paper doll dps doesn’t take into account bonuses on specific abilities, I don’t think. It’s just raw dps and isn’t super relevant, depending on build. Also, consider that you could add attack speed into your build and sheet dps would go up, but it wouldn’t actually be helping you, so take sheet dps with a grain of salt.

I gambled/cubed nearly 20 legendary rings yesterday, still looking for a second unity. I did manage to get a Convention of Elements which I modified to have double crit, which should help with the conquest I’ve been working on.

Also got my first puzzle ring, so I can do a vault run on T13 for the next season chapter.

Patch 2.5.0 PTR Notes

Some nice changes in the next patch - armory, dedicated craft mat storage and removing the bonus bounty nonsense.

Three steps forward… and then they announce another legendary tier in Primal Ancient. Gear sets and mat storage will be great though – every loot-based ARPG should have gear sets these days (looking at you specifically, The Division).

Correct-o-mundo. Once you get sets together and start pairing Legendary affixes to create bonuses, paper doll DPS begins to mean less and less. It is still kind of important - more paperdoll DPS is still loosely the ‘foundation’ from which damage is derived (I say that loosely as paperdoll is itself kind of a guestimation anyway). That’s why it is good to say, sacrifice crit on your yellow rings for non-crit Focus and Restraints and lose 15% sheet DPS but effectively gain 125% DPS from the set bonus.

Ugh, not a fan of that at all. Meanwhile the game is packed with legendaries that will never ever be used as their special affixes more or less suck. I question whether the game really needs the addition of another power creep item tier when there is so much other shit they could be doing to tweak existing gear and see what the community builds with it. They should be beefing up or reworking all the trash legs that get instantly vendored and seeing what Legacy of Nightmares build develop to offset the silly set orientated gameplay.

Yeah, I meant to mention that specifically. Temp buffs like focus/restraint won’t be reflected on sheet dps while they aren’t active.

Funniest thing is rolling GR70’s with thorns crusaders with <500k sheet damage!

I was suddenly in the mood for monster clicking and reinstalled over the weekend. First time playing since a very short casual peek at season 4 and of course I basically missed the Tristram event.

Otherwise I have gotten my rebirthed monk to 70 and having fun. Aside from the damn Malthael T4 killing I have all the rest of the journey done through chapter IV. I just don’t have the gear yet to punch through the giant bag of hp he has. Grrr.

Not many here in the QT3 clan or community? I think we need some fresh officers to start freeing up slots and recruiting fresh blood!

I think I’m in the community, but that was basically the overflow way back when after the clan reached the member limit heh.

I don’t think any of the officers have played in forever. @telefrog, I think you are any officer, can you promote me or @Profanicus, since we seem to be the ones constantly cycling through the seasons and can help maintain the current member list.