Diablo III

I kind of dropped D3 for some weeks. I was running my Rathma Necro and smearing screens up to GRift 70, but had spent 10s of thousands of shards to try to get a Tasker and Theo’s to no avail. I was just spinning my wheels, charging that wall, insert more frustration cliches.

Last night, I was so tired, D3 was the only thing I could really play, so I fired it up, ran a GRift and boom, T&T drops from the guardian. First run.

Oh, random universe! I shake my fist at thee!

The RNG god giveth, and also taketh away. Congrats on getting your sought after item.

Here’s a short vid of my current necro speed farmer/bounty hunter build. Nothing earth shaking, but really fun to play and really easy to gear. Great for when you want to farm bounties and not really have to pay attention much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDUVc1zaTmc

Thats the one I’m hunting for a while now as well… seems like it will never come :(

I’ve gotten ridiculously frustrated trying to solo a 75 and collect my free slot. I might not make it =(

You mean the T13 in under 5 minutes? Doesn’t have to be solo. Maybe someone can help you out. That’s what kept me from getting it in season 9. I just don’t care about going that fast and hat being in a rush.

No. I need a second conquest. I have avarice done, I need divinity, complete GR75 solo

Ugh. I just looked at the list for season 11. Those suck.

After getting through GR86 on my hardcore demon hunter this season, I just died to some rift guardian projectile bullshit on a GR84 while leveling up gems. It really stings to lose primal gear and level 89 gems. Gonna give it a day to see if I want to start again.

My wife and I were in a T6 treasure portal (from cubing a Puzzle Ring). Usually a breeze, even if the Greed boss can be cheeky. My necro, her wizard, well-geared, etc. Early on, it seemed a bit odd, with some of the treasure goblins taking an inordinate time to die, and it seemed a little like my spells weren’t as effective. I chalked it up to her killing everything so fast.

Well, we get to the boss…and disaster. I have Final Service, not on cooldown, yet get one-shotted and die. That shouldn’t happen, though I suppose it could be a two-tap type thing in rapid succession. But the thing is, right before that, it seemed as if my big abilities–like mega-boosted Bone Spikes from my full Pestilence and a cubed ring–were doing nada to the boss. After I croaked, my wife discovered that her full-on Archon attacks were also not doing damage…but she could not get out of course, and could not damage the mob at all. Eventually she pulled the plug hoping the game’s disconnect routine would work, but no dice, she was dead too.

Hardcore, both, of course. I don’t mind dying in HC, really, that risk is the point, but when it’s some bogus technical/network thing it is no bueno. In retrospect, we should have bailed on it before entering the boss lair, if we had put two and two together with the oddities in fighting the trash, but we were killing them, so it didn’t register. Maybe things just finally got out of sync enough, or something, but it was clear that fighting the boss we stopped doing damage about half-way through its health, and never got the chance to do any more. My death–and I had a Wildebeest Gizzard, not fully levelled on this character but still doing yeoman work–was pretty specious as well, but hers was totally gonzo.

Ah well. No clue whether it was server side, our router, sunspots, whatever. I blame North Korea.

I had a couple of hardcore characters die to the ‘always online’ thing, haven’t played one since and won’t unless they ever release an offline version. Dying because of a network problem is pretty infuriating.

Yupp. my 175 hrs Monk died due to a game crash when inspecting an achievement. If it was “offline” the game would’ve gone down with it and my monk would still be alive.

Good thing is that it took me 1 hour to hit 70 again thanks to the paragon400 DH I used to level a few gem of ease, still, all that “history” lost. Oh well.

Yeah, other than the gems and the gold/time they represent, it’s really not a big deal unless you have, I dunno, full ancient stuff or something. Mostly, with the cube and Gems of Ease, etc., it’s just enough of a threat to spice up the game but not enough to make you angry. I have like two of every class anyhow counting seasonal and non-seasonal characters.

Dead HC chars go to standard, right? They’re just lost from HC?

Dead is dead, until the night king wakes them up at least.

You’re thinking of Path of Exile.

You’re right, I’ve been playing POE for the past several weeks. Don’t play HC so I forget what the death rules are. Probably good they’re “really dead” since the POE way mitigates the death too much. Which is the real draw for HC.

Hardcore Barbarian just killed Zoltan Khoul (sp?). Almost done with Act 2, and I just reached level 40. I feel like I’m about halfway done, but that’s probably optimistic. I finally started finding cool equipment near the end of Act 2. Most of my equipment is still blue, but I’ve got a couple of Legendaries and 2 or 3 rares as well. Now we’re starting to cook with gas! Enemies are finally starting to go down easy for the first time.

I finished Act V on Hardcore. I decided to go with @divedivedive’s plan and just stick with “Hard” all the way through. So I finished it at level 60. Then I switched to adventure mode and switched to Expert. I got the cube, and three Acts worth of materials. Now I just need Act 1 and 2, and I can finally extract some properties and fill out my character.

With my controller acting worse and worse, Diablo 3’s interface is a nightmare without precision controls. Selecting something in a vertical list is almost impossible. It’s much easier to go to the top and bottom, but if you want to select something in the middle? Good luck. It usually takes me 10 minutes of trying to finangle the stick and use the d-pad to supplement my up and down movements while trying to keep the stick neutral.

I can’t wait for my new controller to finally get here. It’s so disappointing that this one didn’t even last 4 years. My PS4 controller is also falling apart in a different way. The rubber on the left thumbstick is literally falling off, and the L1 button gets stuck “on” since the beginning.

Playstation controllers have always been terrible for this.