Diablo III

I got my 1-H ethereal at 10 as a monk, and nothing else I find comes close to replacing it at either as a 1-H or collectively with a 2-H weapon, and I’m at Paragon 87.

Started a story-mode game with my son. I got my ethereal around level 10, he got his around level 15. I replaced mine around 25 and he replaced his around 30 (the orange effects were not applicable to me).

I also started an adventure-mode character. She’s 58 and still hasn’t seen one drop.

Just so you guys understand Ethereals are about a 1 in 3 drop at 12 and 1 in 200+ at 70.

WTF Blizz. My first Ethereal on this char and it’s for the wrong fucking class.

“Smart loot”

They are telling you to roll a monk!

Smart loot isn’t guaranteed, it’s something like 9 out of 10 drops being relevant to your class. You just notice it more when it’s something powerful like this.

Paragon 549 and I finally got one.

The +100% to all DH skills will surely be nice, but, seriously? Every DPS stat is at or close to the minimum. Fucking A.

But you get a free passive with that damage and you don’t have to put Dawn in your cube.

Still plenty of value there.

Those ethereals are really stupid rare. I got one at level 10 - and never again. I’m STILL using it which is crazy.

HAH

So with that crossbow I was doing 100s in a good group, and carrying people through 90s.

Just crazy.

Now I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, and I love me some dee three, but mudflation is off the frickin’ rails, son.

I just got D3 on the Switch and OMG I am loving it. I never got the Necromancer on the PC but OMG what a fun class. The spikey thing it does is SUCH A JOY.

I own it on PC and PS4 as well, and yeah - D3 on Switch Is the best thing!

I mean I really enjoyed it on the PC but it seems trailor made for portability like the Switch.

D3 felt designed for consoles. I had it on the PC but when I switched to the PS4 version with the expansion, it was amazing. I played it to death.

I have no intention on getting D4 on the PC as a result. It’ll be on the PS5 for sure.

It was designed for consoles by Josh Mosqueira! And then since that was so successful, he was made director of the PC version too, and he brought a lot of changes he made to the console versions to the PC as well, but not controller support and a few other things, so the console version remains the best version.

I’ll dig up the link from upthread to that excerpt from Jason Schreier’s book about D3:

There’s some unfortunate online-required gates around seasonal characters that ultimately annoyed me too much to have it being a good commuting game for me.

You have to be online to start a game which can be super obnoxious if you want to run a bunch of adventure mode bounties because you can’t reset them until you are back online.