Diablo III

Just switch to Adventure Mode. It’s in the game options on the start screen.

yup45

Thanks folks. I found the adventure mode. Definitely waaaaaay better.

Being one of the ARPG players who is not after the loot chase aspect of the game, I’d really prefer ARPGs to not NEED a mode like this. Like, Diablo 2, I don’t feel needs this mode at all. I really don’t mind running through the campaign over and over. And I hope Diablo 4’s campaign will be similarly good. But if you’re going to have a terrible campaign, you really need an adventure mode equivalent that really streamlines the actual ARPG experience like this one does. It just feels like everything is optimized to get you slaying enemies as fast as possible, ticking boxes and kicking ass super quick, much quicker than the campaign.

What is Adventure Mode?

Basically a streamlined version of the game. Act 1, for example, has an unlocked vendor right near you and the stash and the checkpoint so you can get in and out of town fast. Each level has story stripped out and instead they have five bonus objectives you can do to earn extra rewards at each checkpoint level.

It’s the express lane to the endgame. You skip the campaign, all of it, and get started right away running bounties and doing rifts. Everything is unlocked and super-convenient.

NOTE: You must have completed the campaign once before adventure mode unlocks.

Though you don’t have to have completed the campaign to make a seasonal character and go right into adventure mode.

I think last time this was discussed I found out you actually still do, even for seasonal. I think it’s an account wide thing? Like you only ever need do it once, but you do need to do it. ‘It’ being defeat Malthael (act 5 boss) as part of the campaign.

Oops. I only ever beat base campaign story mode.

Yes, once you go through Act V on any character, you can run Adventure Mode and never have to do the campaign again. Thank goodness.

So let’s say you filled up all 12 or so of your character slots with 1 seasonal for each of the last 12 of 28 seasons or so. To unlock any new cosmetics you’d have to do a completely new seasonal?

Yes. But you can pick any existing character and choose the ‘rebirth’ option (I may have the name wrong). The char is reset to level 1, with nothing in inventory, and can be used as a seasonal char.

One of the seasonal quests is complete a Nephilim rift on TX in under 6 minutes.

My issue is that while I blow up everything I see almost instantly I cant get enough mobs to spawn fast enough to complete the challenge. Is there something obvious I need to be doing to get more things to kill?

Eventually, you will get one of the densely-packed maps. The forest, graveyard, or one of the others. Just keep fishing for the right one :)

sadly I was expecting this was going to be the case. VERY frustrating. Literally running around with nothing to kill.

Also; if you’re not already running it look up a high(er) mobility build for your class. They may not be suitable for pushing greater rifts but once you git gud gear you can clear out even T13 rifts in a blink of an eye. Generally, after a certain point you can afford to sacrifice a chunk of DPS to take In-geom in your cube - 10sec cooldown reduction is godly for mobility skills.

Nobody asked but if you need a pl on switch or PC I can get you to 70 in 20 Minutes or less and add a couple hundred Paragon in 20 more. Just let me know if interested.

Season 28 or base. But you should be in seasonal :)

I’m level 12 now after 2 hours on normal. I’m just holding down the left mouse button.

Sorc + teleport + the TP rune that lets you use it twice in a row + reduced cooldown + maxed movement speed.