Diablo IV - A Return To Darkness

Hellfire wasn’t made by Blizzard (I think it was Sierra) and I never played it. Curious to see if you have any Monk revelations as you go.

Ive actually seen a lot of people slagging the commercial. I don’t get it. I thought it was great.

My people need me, I must GO.

I saw the TV spot (some of it) at the gym, as it was on one of the big monitors in front of the treadmills as I was passing by from one weight machine to the next. Looked spiffy, though the sound was off (people can stream it to their headphones I guess if they want).

It’s a pretty common marketing strategy for devs/publishers to give keys to streamers to give out during streams. This isn’t really any different.

I’d rather be given goodies to use in the game as a reward for watching. Am I missing something?

Ah nice trick! Thanks.

Ya, I can see it now… Demolira pointed out a thing I hadn’t really thought of, which was that getting more viewers actually does benefit Blizzard as advertising, due to how it can bump it up in visibility on the top level of Twitch.

Yeah, I think the goal is to get it trending. And also to incentivize streamers to advertise the game to their viewerbase, not all of whom might have been interested in Diablo or even be familiar with the franchise (D3 was over a decade ago, after all!). Obviously the ones looking for the drops are already in, but there’s going to be a segment of the viewers who are watching because it’s their favorite streamer or they saw it trending.

Yep their motivations are clear and I’m fine with it, but six hours is getting greedy. 4 hours was long enough. Not a huge deal, just annoying.

I don’t watch Twitch very often at all, there’s only been the rare campaign where I’m interested in a drop (which provided to incentive to figure out how to mute the damn thing, hah!). So limited sample size and all, but I’m with you on that: I’ve never seen a 6-hour requirement. Four is the most I’ve seen.

At the end of the day if I cared enough it probably wouldn’t matter since I just have it running in a minimized tab anyway, but it just feels excessive.

Same here. I have no interest in watching some jagoff play videogames for hours. Never got into it. Reviews or scripted commentary sure.

Sending you a digital fistbump on that, my friend.

Welcome to QT3, @Shira!!!

You could mute it a few weeks ago and it would work. And if muting Twitch doesn’t work, you can certainly mute the tab.

Ditto!

Welcome to the forum!

I think you’ll find these comments come from us players who don’t have the spare time or inclination to watch six hours of twitch :) not that there’s anything wrong with that.

For all Twitch drops:

• Make sure the browser tab is in the foreground
  • Do not mute the video feed’s volume. You can mute the browser tab instead.
  • Change the video quality to low to save bandwidth
  • Dragging the browser window offscreen such that the video is not visible is fine
  • Verify progress via the Inventory page.
  • There are Chrome extensions that will auto claim rewards for you. This is useful for multi tier rewards, which will stop progressing until you claim the current tier. This is the one I use.
  • Make sure your Twitch account is connected to whatever game you want rewards for.

edit: sorry pyperkub, i accidentally replied off your post.

on phone app u can actually shut the video and keep the audio only

How do I use Twitch with my phone screen off?

To disable the video stream and allow the audio to play with your phone’s screen off or the Twitch app in the background, press the settings button, then tap the “Audio Only” option, then “Apply.”

I think it’s a bit odd but both my kids aged 16 and 13 watch streamers play games whilst they are playing and the younger just watches them.

I go why don’t you play something but they just look at me like I’m the idiot so I leave them to it

There are times when I’d rather watch someone playing a game rather than play something myself. When I’m watching it’s often games I’m interested in but ones that I’m not interested in playing myself - for instance, I do enjoy seeing people play Dark Souls but I guarantee I’d hit the frustration wall early on in the game (that said, I did play Elden Ring for a while but I think the open-worldedness of it is what made it click for me).

I don’t typically watch people playing games I want to play or that I’m about to play because I’d rather have the experience firsthand.