Dishonored 2 - Nov 2016

TXAA is a must. It blurs, yes, but I don’t mind that (at least when playing on TV) since it fits the artstyle, and more importantly it completely eliminates all jaggies.

Also, you haven’t seen anything yet. The level design is masterful in some later missions.

Since this was bumped, it sounds like the standalone expansion, Death of the Outsider, will be the last we’ll be seeing of Dishonored for a long time.

IGN: Dishonored Director Unsure If Series Will Get More Games.

When asked if this means there won’t be a Dishonored 3, Smith said he’s not yet certain if there will be more games in the series. “I don’t know yet. I kind of hope there are more Dishonored games, but I honestly don’t know,” he explained.

Did the second game not sell well? I lost track, though I do remember that on launch, it sold less than Dishonored 1. But wasn’t that due to technical issues that they got fixed? I’m wondering how it sold since then.

I’d hate to see them drop the IP though. Way too good.
Reminds me of how the Thief series got critical acclaim, and yet didn’t sell enough to keep it alive. I know it made a brief comeback, but I’m speaking of the first two games, and how much I loved them, and then no love until Deadly Shadows.

If they do drop Dishonored, I predict that, like Thief, it will attain legendary status and re-appear later.

As an inferior product

:(

Dishonored to me is a lot like Bioshock Infinite. I really liked it, but i’m not sure i really want any more of it.

It certainly didn’t tank. Over 900,000 owners on Steam (via SteamSpy) - and whatever the console versions sold on top of that. Dishonored 1 has 3.4m owners on Steam, but that one has been available dirt-cheap throughout several Steam sales now.

That said, DH2 apparently had a weaker launch than DH1*, and given that the sequel surely had a higher production and marketing budget than the first one, it probably has underperformed by Bethesda’s standards.

* UK numbers, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the same applies for other markets

I keep reconsidering Dishonored 2 every few months, but then I realize I just don’t need any more Dishonored. It’s almost a palpable feeling.

Just realised that the teleport method of getting around in something like Robo Recall VR is actually Blink, but like for real!

Just finished Dishonored 1 , read this thread, downloaded D2 on my PS4. Figured I’d play angry high chaos Corvo first (played low chaos Corvo in 1) then low chaos Emily.

BUT reading this thread, I realized I’d not played the DLC for Dishonored 1 even though it came with my complete collection. I’d like to go back and play that first. But does it need a save or result from the main game? I’ve deleted the game and all saves. Don’t want to have to replay all of D1 to play the DLC.

iirc (and I’m almost certain) the DLC is wholly standalone (and very well worth the trouble to play through it, it’s freaking great and both DLC parts are connected in one big, satisfying game).

@Scotch_Lufkin is correct, all the DLC is standalone and fantastic!

It’s standalone, but it doesn’t restart the difficulty curve. You’ll be fine, having just played D1, but I hit a wall the first time I tried it - I hadn’t played Dishonored in a long time.

Is there a connection between the DLC and the antagonist of D2? I finished D1, got distracted away from finishing the DLC, and I’m now about 3/4ths of the way through D2.

D:

The final dlc for Dishonored 1 was all about the main antagonist of Dishonored 2.

It is one of the best DLCs ever , up there with the greats like Minerva’s Den and Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep!

New skills!

Finished Dishonored 2 up mid-week with a slow-paced find-all-the-secrets and items Shadow/Chaos/Emily playthrough, then Saturday I did a very quick dash through the game with a Clean Hands Corvo playthrough. Sure is faster when you don’t care if you’re spotted!

I have all the D2 achievements now except for the Flesh and Steel. If I circle back again I’ll pick that up, but at this point I’m ready for Death of the Outsider.

I did a low chaos Corvo play through and then I started a high chaos Emily play through. I could not tell the difference at all in the world. The game kept hinting that certain things, like blood flies and stuff would be worse in a high chaos world, yet they were exactly the same. Did I miss something? Did anyone experience anything different?

Death of the Outsider is out and I am downloading it right now. Besides Prey, my most anticipated game this year.
I hope it sells better than Prey did…

My pre-order should arrive today from Amazon, and it will sit on the shelf till I finish Dishonored 2, sometime this year… :|

Well, I started it, got enveloped by the atmosphere, and decided to replay D1 with DLC and D2, this time as Emily, before starting DotO…

So yeah, it will take me a while too :)