Dishonored 2 - Nov 2016

Game is being reviewed pretty well, but it’s struggling in sales in Steam: 230k units after one week, and the daily increase is diminishing hard. It seems this year single player AAA games (the other struggling was the new Deus Ex) are having some problems.

I imagine it’s a tough pill to swallow paying full price for a Steam game. I assume these numbers include keys purchased from sites like GMG?

Dishonored 2 screwed up their PC launch. Hopefully console sales compensate for that.

Regarding low chaos, it looks like playing Emily rather than Corvo is the way to go. She gets shadow walk, which lets you walk up to a dude and knock him out without being detected, and Domino, which lets you link up to 4 dudes so when you knock out one, all 4 fall down.

I obviously am also playing low chaos as Corvo. Oh well.

This sucks hard. I wonder what the number would be like if the PC version was flawless Shadow Warrior style and Bethesda provided review codes before launch.[quote=“Scott_Lufkin, post:165, topic:78521, full:true”]
I imagine it’s a tough pill to swallow paying full price for a Steam game. I assume these numbers include keys purchased from sites like GMG?
[/quote]

It includes all copies sold everywhere since the game is steamworks.

I agree this sucks, because it’s probably one of my favorite games of this year so far, and I would hate to think Dishonored 3 would be console only, or worse, never happen at all. Thankfully through the next few months I expect it will drop its price on Steam, and the reviews will start to trend to more positive with the next patch coming to address performance issues, so it could just sell well over time.

Variable difficulties being added.

That video doesn’t say anything new is being added. It’s just a promo for the game as originally released.

Well, that’s the video they have linked.

[quote]
Next month, Dishonored 2 will offer even more options to play your way. In a free update, Dishonored 2 will include a New Game + mode and new custom difficulty settings.[/quote]

Heh, the line you quoted is the only new info from that entire post.

You can do some really interesting things with Bone Charm crafting.

Sounds so good. Kinda wish I got this instead of Tyranny. There are actually a bunch of action games I’ve waited on, but seem like they’re going to be really good: Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the new Hitman. I think there may be one more in there too.

Not to make this one of “those” threads but I’m guessing most are playing on a box with a Playstation or Xbox logo on it.

The new beta patch fucks up frame pacing so even at 60fps game feels like shit. Reverted back. If they fuck up frame pacing in the final patch that wont be revertable, I will be pissed.

Ah, good old StealthGamer is back at it:

Something for inspiration :)

Hey wait a minute. At the 2 minute mark she turns into the Creature from The Darkness/Darkness 2. I didn’t know that was in this game as well.

Edit: That’s a beautiful clip by the way. Dripping with badassery.

It’s one of Emily’s powers called Shadow Walk. It can be upgraded to navigate the same areas rats can, and generally functions the same way as Corvo’s possession, making you harder to detect, except with you can kill or knock out people.

It’s one of several powers that make Emily much better at stealth and low chaos than Corvo.

I’m kind of wondering if I should restart. I feel like I’ve chosen poorly with my runes and I’m having an unusual amount of difficulty with the stealth.

Playing stealth is easy even as Corvo, as long as you aren’t trying to ghost-- you just have to be willing to blink away out of line of sight. If you are trying to ghost that’s very difficult, as intended.

Just wrapped up my first play through (Corvo/Low Chaos/No Assassinations) and couldn’t have been more satisfied. Almost certainly my GOTY. Time to roll up Emily and see what happens with all new choices.