Dominions 5 - Born to be Van Wilder

That was so bad…

That I might need an extra 24 hours on the clock. I will know later, but fyi…

EDIT- yep I need 24 more will be able to get it done roughly this time tomorrow. Sorry guys. And gals. Or whomever.

ok, so for future reference, for everyone (not just @akaoni), please dont edit an old post when asking for more time. Just make a new post. It didn’t alert me to the edit and/or i didn’t notice it. Also, i wouldn’t ask for time extension as part of a joke - honestly, i just thought you were making a joke off of strato’s joke and not asking for more time. A simple @pyrhic - please extend by xxx hrs/days/weeks is perfect for me, thanks.

Also, added 48 hours. I know you asked for 24, but 48 is saved and i didn’t want to look up the password.

Edits don’t count as new posts, which is why you weren’t notified. They bump the thread to the top of the forum, but don’t otherwise mark as unread. It’s weird, kind of the worst of both worlds.

Apologies, I dont post often. Nevertheless, just sent the turn in.

No complicity was assigned to you. Although anyone reading these messages must always be aware that what is said is not necessarily true.

You have a clear choice in front of you. I believe all my neighbors, even Neifel, would say that I have dealt fairly with them. Choose well. There are likely only a few nations left that CAN win this game before the cataclysm comes. I am clearly not one of them. The birds are your competition. You can have a grateful ally or a gloating rival.

no need for apologies, just letting you(and everyone else who might do something similar in the future) know!

I was watching the clock a bit and getting some anxiety, and i kept looking at my notices in the forums and it wasn’t showing anything new in. I finally decided to just manually check the thread and re-reading your post realized that you were asking for time, not groaning over stratos dad joke…

i think i’m going to go back to last turn to try to figure out all what happened there. Certainly some effects I was unfamiliar with…

So I get a seeking arrow tossed against me. It struck a valuable mage. I am disappointed.

Deep Forest has a rune of air that boosts air range. There was a lab too. Don’t think you can hide from me Rus.

More on the way.

bring it

Oooo, diddn’t think you could see the Rune of Air, I believe its time for war declarations hehe.

Not normally. What I did do is a scrying spell a few turns earlier on that province, wondering where your troops got to, and that spell reveals sites of magic power you’ve found too. A site that also gives +4 air gems per turn sounds nice, and more than likely a blitz target for me :-)

If you were a little more patient, I would have been set to tackle that throne in a few turns once I reached a research goal.

glad you guys resolved that, cause honestly, when arrows start falling from the sky, generally everyone and their brother looks over towards me…

I wonder who will be the first to post a map for the peanut gallery! Yes yes, I know, you can’t because you’re all guarding state secrets, preserving national security, maintaining fog of war, hiding bears, stockpiling bats, yadda yadda, I get all that. Maybe you could blur out the good bits? :)

Sorry, i got all tied up with stuff today and yesterday and needed to extend. I should be able to get my turn in tonite…

Ok, all caught up and my turn’s about to be submitted - turns out i wouldve made it in time, but it wouldve been close.

So, all bravoso and bullshit aside, I was really curious what occurred there outside your capital. But then i realized that the commander you captured didnt go to the capital, but to the province i attacked and so, that’s kinda where all the confusion came in. But man oh man, what a nice province! Just the turn before i was wondering where all your gem income was coming from, given that my haul on your territories to date has been…meager. But then I discover that little gem factory! The only thing it isn’t producing is slaves - have you blood searched it yet? Wow, just wow. And that ifrit warrior is quite a unit too! THat’s like 600g flying around (times 2!) - i’d definitely be careful with it…

You had me afraid to open the turn.

Yeah. Asking me to play a nation with flying SC’s was kind of like catnip.

I thought you were interested in coming out to play, but it looks like all you have left is commander-less beasts.

Oh and to Rus, Thank you! I will get started on your return.

Ya, i mean you killed 3 raider commanders that are common summons - no biggie. Everything is going exactly according to plan - you think i’m going to meet you in the desert outside your base in the middle of summer? Winter is coming, my friend…