Dominions 5 - Pretender to the Throne!

The file should have gone to whatever email address you mailed the pretender from. It should be from [email protected].

“PretendersoftheEarth started! First turn attached” is the title.

Prior to that, you should have received an email from me telling you good luck.

I’ll have the system resend you the turn.

It went to my spam. Been a while since that happened!

I should have named my guy Gargantis Procrastinantis because in typical fashion I am just now reading up on some stuff, and I feel like I may have made some, if not critical then at least potentially limiting errors in pretender creation. Good thing this is gonna be a short game, I guess!

Good diplomacy and a strong starting position can carry you into the late game.

Also, we have relatively few players for this map, so as long as you can expand fast (15 provinces in the first 12 turns is good enough), you might still be in a decent position.

Just, be a little careful with Thrones. Most should go down relatively easily, but some might have defenses that surprise you.

You said above the turns were going to be 32 hours, right? The game seems set for 24 hour turns right now, since it sent out the email at 20:30GMT and says the next turn is due at 20:30GMT tomorrow.

Yeah, I meant to change that, but I didn’t want to change anything for the first turn. I was out an about today, but I’m back home now and can fix it.

I think I’m out, guys. Sent my force of 54 units into a province of ~ 40 units, but it actually contained 57, 15 of which were Heavy Cavalry and 4 commanders. Routed me easily. And this was even with me not attacking anything on the first turn. I don’t see myself recovering from this early (and unexpected) defeat.

I, too, have suffered setbacks, but Atlantis soldiers on!

I’ll gladly accept both of your surrenders. C’tis has 25 provinces already and we got the random event where our capitol is now a level 2 throne! I think we’ll win in the next two turns. We are huge!

I am not sure how this is even possible in two turns.

Frankly, it’s too early to concede. Yes, you had a setback - but you can buy mercs, you can have lucky events, and you can stay in the shadows and let the bigger powers duke it out. The largest part of the game is diplomacy and you likely havent even encountered anyone yet.

Besides, the biggest thing in this game for you is not to win, i mean you are dealing with some heavy-weights here that know the game intimately, but to gather experience. Heavy cavalry is one of the things you learn to watch out for, but there are others - and none of us were born with dominions intuition - that’s shit you learn from time and effort and mainly playing other people.

Oh, of course. I was just being overly dramatic. I played Dom3 MP, so I’m not a complete newbie.

And I should have known better to steer clear of even a hint of Heavy Cavalry in the early game. When I gave the order to attack that province, I was foolishly thinking, “I hope there aren’t many HC there. Surely I can handle a few of them.” Turns out my force couldn’t handle fifteen! Doh!

Fifteen is a lot of heavy cav and would wreck most any force this early on.

same here. accept mine was approx 30 that turned into 57 with 15 heavy cavalry etc. so there you go. my prophet barely got into his first sermon…

Do we need a restart?

At this stage, if would not take long to set it up, and get us going again.

i think we should just take it on the chin, personally. though, CURSE YOU ALL for ‘arranging’ to share those mercs! COLLUSION I TELL YA! ;)

I dont know what you mean, i only got one of the three i bid on…

gold hack CONFESSION right there ;)

no, just a good event. What can i say - i like my stealthy raiders and my lucky scales.

Here in C’tis the mercenary bands are paying us to fight for our god.

If lizards liked roses I would say everything’s coming up roses, but lizards don’t like roses so “Everything is coming up flies” will have to do!

Make a dragon wanna retire man.