Dominions 5 - There is no I in team, but there is in Disciple

I was being a little facetious with the C’Tis option. You need warm temperature for C’Tis because of their cold-bloodedness else they incur greater fatigue. The real trouble I’ve found with C’Tis through all eras is keeping their morale high during battles. A morale of 9 just isn’t enough, and the requirement of course is having their priests on the field to cast sermon of courage. Or in the case of LA C’Tis, get those undead units on the field. In terms of military, there’s really only one infantry unit I’d recruit and that is the City Guard. Not counting sacreds of course.

Really, I think you’re spoilt by choice. I think I know what nation I’d pick if I were in your shoes.

Hmmmm, the new map presents some issues. We’d might as well say every team needs a underwater nation now. It is much bigger also. To save people the time, Archipelago was 165/20 and Old Kingdom is 214/60. I don’t want to be a person who says “Nah it sucks” and not have an alternative. I’m just looking through the workshop now.

There’s always a balance. Team A has agartha/ur and team B has mictlan. Doesn’t make much sense for team cold to take a pretender that wants extreme heat scales which knocks out kailasa/Abysia and Lanka…
Mekone is an interesting nation. Very suited for MY style of play, but this is a team game after all.

I’m open to suggestions. Something in the 240 province realm would be nice.

As for nations, I would give everyone the option to swap out a nation if we go for a new map, any new map.

I understand that C’tis isn’t a good choice for this team. IIRC C’tis has decent nature magic so you can keep that infantry on the field by casting berserk, but yes the national troops are nothing to get too excited about.

Hey, we are absolutely open for advice here. (seriously) no…really. Love to hear what you have to say. (PM works if you don’t want to put it out in the open.)

I don’t mind being open about it.

You can go one of two ways in my book. Take a Cold nation pretender, and go neutral temps, or go a near neutral temp nation and go cold temps. Its an easy way to rack up 80 to 120 points.

Caelum likes cold two, but you can go Neutral Temp. It hurts its ice armor, but not a ton. It doesn’t get you great path diversity.

Niefelheim is great, but then you want Ulm or Helheim as the Pretender, and then go Cold 3, for 80 design points. Neifelheim gets you blood/nature and Astral

Rus is another nation that can go Neutral Temp, netting you 80 points of design and having good paths. You would want help building forts though, but temples are cheap.

Mekone works. The Conflict bonus helps, and you can go Cold 2 or Cold 3 for extra design points. On the other hand, you would want high order to compensate for increased unrest (that only effects mekone I think). And the bless would be odd.

Arcoscephale gets you that cool scry ability for everyone on the team. They too can go Cold 3. I might be tempted to go with a Larger Bless… They have healing, and Engineers, so you can swap fortresses with people, and upgrade their fortresses for them.

If Vanheim is in the cards, that gets you Blood Access. You can go with an elf bless, and go Cold 3.

Pan is never wrong.

That’s about all the thoughts I have on it.

One option

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1765591145 - 162 land, 20 sea. Incudes all the expected terrain features.

Second option

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1595164963 - 228 land, 12 sea. This one has caves linking distant provinces together.

My concerns are that by increasing the number of sea provinces, Agartha and Ur (and to a lesser extent Fomoria) get a real advantage with UW dominance.

Also linking this map because it looked interesting. Not suitable for our game though. But definitely one I’m going to be using in a SP game. I like the idea of the corners not being true corners, but at the same time, it isn’t a wraparound map.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1813991113

I think the second map could be fine. I’ll missing the floating aspect of it all though. There just aren’t many good Valanis maps out there that are big enough.

I’ve edited the map to remove all the 2(and 1!) link provinces as start provinces. All capital provinces should have at least 3 province connectors.

Let me know if this works: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h8t3qor8hhony1g/AADUDyAwmlSUOZbNDvrD0dWMa?dl=0

I was able to download your modified map and load it in the in-game editor.

So, there has been a discussion of breaking DFS’ team up, and incorporating them with the other 3 teams. Having two inexperienced players on DFS team might have been too much to ask, and would probably make an unfun game.

The question is, could you guys incorporate a 4th team nation and team member on to your team or would you need to repick everything? Obviously, the nations that DFS’s team took would be up for grabs.

For our team, I think we could. Probably some heat nation of some sort.

Please let me know.

Unless someone thinks it is very unfair, DFS would go on our team, because we currently have the fewest experienced players but I’m not sure how to divide up Baconsoda and Galdred.

Let me know what everyone thinks, especially the team leaders. I know its a bit last minute, but I’m happy to postpone to get everything exactly right, simple because I want us to all have a good experience.

Is this the game I joined?

Like I am no newbie

I guess it would all depend on how everytging shapes up. Right now we have a full game of 12 people, so we can’t do much with a 13th player for a disciple game, but if someone drops out, we would love to have an experienced player able to replace them.

There might be some people interested in another game though, while we are waiting to sort this out.

I’m fine with the change. These games last long enough (so I’ve heard) that it would really kill all the fun if it started off on the wrong foot for a group of folks.

Actually, there might be something in the works. Stay tuned everyone.

Hey guys, I spoke to my team that I can no longer commit to this session as I hardly have the time to practice. Is there anyone who can replace me?

I think both @Strato and @Maerlande said they might be interested.

I think @Strato playing on two teams would be a definite conflict of interest ;)

Well the simple solution is to place me on every team then :)

If @Maerlande replaces @Baconsoda, do we keep 4 teams?