Donald J Trump responsible for mass shootings

Wut?

Also, what’s that about “involuntary confinement”?

Well the right is fond of saying “Liberalism is a mental illness” so it’s not hard to see where they’re heading with the involuntary confinement thing.

I can think of at least one case where “involuntary confinement” would be appropriate.

He doesn’t realize he’s the only person who hasn’t condemned both of those things yet.

Also from his speech:

Oh great, the old “guns don’t kill people, video games kill people” argument. Guess what FOX News will be fixated on for the next 48 hours?

I want to know who used the wrong “grizzly” in the speech. Was that text from the official WH copy, or did ABC fuck up and not use “grisly” as intended?

I just can’t bear it.

I’m so sorry. I’ll see myself out.

Maybe he’s referring to a specific video game like “Grizzly Attack”, an FPS where you play as a grizzly bear and score points for mauling redneck hunters and saving other endangered animals.

Grizzly

The weird thing is that the initial story on the shooting identified him as a white male IN the headline, top story. I was really surprised to see that on Fox. Makes sense that they’d try to walk it back now though.

Did DJT proudly spell it out ‘g-r-i-z-z-l-y’ after he said it?

Says the man who wanted a huge military parade on 7/4, talked about wiping countries off the map, etc…

That was at least two news cycles ago.

Yeah, but he’s just parroting some bullshit someone else wrote. Of course he doesn’t believe it. He’ll get rave reviews from Fox (who would give him rave reviews if he dropped his pants on camera, took a massive dump, then smeared it on his face), but once he sees other media commentary he’ll lash out on twitter and backtrack from all of it.

We’ve seen it countless times before.

There are so many of these shootings, nobody will remember any of them in November 2020.

Not sarcasm.

If only we’d ban video games.

No sarcasm - just one-hundred percent, uncut, totally warranted cynicism.

What’s weird is it’s not even come up with my co-workers. I was young when the earlier ones hit, but it was talked about for… days. It’s just business as usual today and it feels… weird to me.

Yesterday:

Wife: starts talking about a mass shooting in Dayton
Me: You mean El Paso?
Wife: No, that was earlier, I’m talking about the one in Ohio.
Me: Fuck.

More despair, at least as related to this issue. The shootings are so common now, they blend together. And none of them will move the needle.

People barely even remember the Garlic Festival shooting. It was just over a week ago. I went through this list of mass shootings from 2019 - I have no recollection at all of the one in Florida, or the warehouse shooting near Chicago. 10 people dead between them, and it doesn’t even register with me.