Dota 2 Reborn - Valve revamps Dota 2

OK…

[quote=“Ginger_Yellow, post:40, topic:76979, full:true”]
EG v Newbee game 2 is pretty epic, if people want to see a really evenly matched game with a lot of back and forth and some amazing team fights and individual flourishes.[/quote]
Yeah, that was awesome.

I’m really surprised at how much screen time Valve is giving to horrible 3D. The AR during the draft, and what I guess is the VR mode during the start of the game and during pauses. The models are way too low poly when viewed at large size, and the textures are muddy garbage. It looks like a PS2 game. (Not saying that I expected them to do new assets for this; I would have expected them to not use the assets for something they are obviously not suitable for).

Pretty sure the AR is there so you can try to throw pokeballs at 'em.

The current state of the bracket confuses and frightens me. I. . . I don’t think I understand anything anymore.

I didn’t stay up for EG v EHOME last night… just watched game 1 on my lunch break and, wow.

Pit Lord!

Grand final is starting now fyi. DC vs. Wings! Would not have picked this outcome if given a million chances, they both deserve it though.

As someone who doesn’t play DOTA at all (OK, once!), the last day of the international was pretty damn entertaining. The loser’s final match (the first B03 for the day) had some pretty intense games that anyone who plays a MOBA can relate to.

I don’t really play DOTA 2 either but always enjoy watching the International. This year in particular had more than a few memorable matches. It’s like any normal sport really, you can appreciate the talent on display and competition without devoting hundreds of hours to get good at it yourself (which apparently is needed for DOTA).

After devoting hundreds of hours to another game, I watched the international with google open so I could check out what champ abilities are. Items on the other hand, I have no idea - I know a few of the dota items, but what some do are just a mystery,

Watching the international reminds me of just how interesting and different the DOTA design is compared to LoL. There’s real interesting decisions in both designs, and LoL at least borrows from DOTA quite a bit, though often the effects are refined (often to be less capable of dicking over your own team, which I guess reduces the ability to troll your own team, but also removes really cool interactions.) I want a league of legends where a blitzcrank can pull a friendly hero like Pug can, but I get why they shy away from it.

Oh shit, Warhammer hats.

So next major is a smaller affair apparently (venue is smaller), in Boston.

Holy cow. Dota 7.00 is… different.

7.00 is basically a completely new game. They’ve fundamentally altered the game in so many ways. Roshan is now top, new rune spots, shrines, backpack, talent trees… This is why I love Dota, its always evolving and changing so radically. However, I will probably jump on and play 1 or 2 games and remind myself why I don’t actually love to play the game itself lol.

Also, bots are now user scriptable, which is great for me as a person who generally doesn’t play competitive DotA.

Fancy watching a 5 hour match?

Wow I assumed Dota would have the built in mechanics like LoL to eventually cause games to end a long ways before that. Don’t think I’ve ever known anything close a pro or semi pro game in League to go more than and hour and fifteen at most.

Is there an effect that turns players pink? I was playing with spectating in dota 2 vr and every once in a while a player will be pink. Not sure if this is normal, some odd thing with the vr client, or an oculus issue

Anyone else watching The International? I always love watching this comp. Last day of the group stage is tomorrow and then the main event will begin after a day’s break.

This LGD.Forever Young team is something else.

Trying to watch it but I’m stuck using twitch and I hate not being able to control the action.