Dragon Age: Inquisition

It essentially extends the combat time. If you oneshot a group of enemies and Dorian uses that skill it will flag you for combat for another ~30s or so until the timer expires or until you manually dismiss the summons.

Can’t say it ever bothered me, but then I don’t oneshot many encounters.

Even if you don’t, those spirits are summoned from each dead enemy so when you kill the last baddie you’ll always get that one ethereal asshole that prevents you from moving on.

It doesn’t really prevent you from moving on, though. You can still run about with your weapons drawn. So you can’t call your mount. Well, I wasn’t going to anyway, because the mounts are shitty.

Random Internet Guy has a thread at the EA support forums about his ongoing discussions with “Tier 2 support” (BS meter rising slightly) and claims there is a problem with SpeedTree or how they’re using it, leading to abnormally high CPU utilization. I’m definitely over over 90% on each core of an i5-2500K. Not sure if that’s okay or not. It’s not pegged per se.

It might all be BS but I’m confident they’ll figure something out eventually. I’ll keep waiting.

No details on patch 3 yet. Kind of shitty, especially for PC folks.

Pretty sure all the DA games were like that. Just part of the Dragon Age “charm”. :)

I also just started playing on PS4 and despite the flaws (why does the world look so clean, as if hordes of gnomes are continually polishing every rock and tree?) I really enjoy the DA games. The game is clearly trying to be dramatic and impactiful, but it always seems to come across as a bit goofy. Still, even though DA has never really managed to shed the fantasy marionette show roots it’s just a “fun” game to play. Somehow all the silly and odd pieces come together into an enjoyable experience.

I bought Inquisition for the PS4 on sale. I played about 8 hours of Origins on the 360 about a month ago and while I enjoyed what I played the game was certainly looking a bit rough. I just read merryprankster’s comment above regarding how crazy it is that the world looks so clean, but I’d much rather spend time in this colourful world than the brown and grey and brown Ferelden of Origins. I generally don’t really enjoy fantasy RPGs (yet Mass Effect is my favourite game of the last generation), but there’s something about BioWare game’s that really draws me in. I’m only a few hours in but I plan to spend a lot of time with this game. I’ll have to see if that actually happens.

No, no targetting. You swap to Dorian, hit the skill and that ends the effect. That’s it. No targeting anything.

Its annoying because you have to wait for the ghost thing to wander off (As it tends to do) and die, and then go and pick up the loot,. instead of just moving on like normally. I don’t like it either. The ghost should disperse immediately as combat ends.

The only thing I’ve been waiting on, after 95 hours of play, is a fix for the cutscene crashing. Otherwise, the game has been pretty well glitch-free (in terms of those that are memorable, that is).

If, like me, you have a 2.1 audio setup and were having weird problems with non-cutscene dialogue being way too quiet, try setting the dynamic range to “headphones”. It made a big difference for me.

I died a little inside from reading that posting by random internet guy, and I do not even have the game on PC. Humanity is doomed.

There’s sufficient BS and cargo cult fixes in that post that I wouldn’t trust anything he says.

Yeah nothing works for me in DA3 for more than a few minutes. I’ve shelved it until I break down and make some major hardware changes or they release additional patches.

I think I may have to finally give in and admit to myself that I’m not enjoying this game all that much, despite loving DA:O and even really enjoying DA2 quite a bit. Maybe it’s that I only have 2-5 hours in a week now that I can dedicate to gaming, but I’ve realized that open world games don’t really work well for me anymore. I think I just need more of a narrative pull and throughline to keep me going. If you dump me in a big area with 20 different little tasks to do but no real motive for doing any of them, I’m more likely than not now just to drop it.

Ignore the item collection and side quest busywork except enough to advance the critical path. Game is a lot shorter as a result.

Except the critical path isn’t all that compelling. I loathe the Orlais mission; that alone is a huge road block to me ever replaying the game. The NPCs pale in comparison to DA:O’s (Morrigan, Lelaine, Alistair, Shale, and Zevran all in one game) IMO. And then there’s the combat. . . .

Yeah, this is part of the charm. I also liked that it had something to do with having defeated the blight in origins.

I always feel like, somebody’s wattcccchhhhhiiiiinnng meeee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ig_lPbVsw.