Dragon's Dogma

I really liked this game. The pawn system takes some time to get used to but it can be great fun, switching characters and styles. And not all mages are alike, not all fighters use the same gear or archers. It adds a nice touch to the game. You don’t get the witty banter you would get in a Dragons Age or Baldurs Gate or Mass Effect, but there is some humor.

As in any game of this type you waste a lot of time running from here to therein the first 25% of the game, and you do some crafting and gathering of items. But once you hit the big city things open up some.

I give this game a serious thumbs up.

PS…I assumed I had posted on this thread in 2020 when I played this but I must have only done it on the “What areyou playing this weekend” thread.

“Wolves hunt in packs!”

Next time, around the same bend in the road:

“Wolves hunt in packs!”

Rinse, repeat.

I’ve only barely dabbled on Monster Hunter, but from what I’ve seen that’s where the Dragon’s Dogma combat system has gone.

"Goblins ill like fire! "

No one’s saying it’s flawless. ;)

If only! I like MHW but it’s doing its own thing, and honestly I like it a little less than DD’s thing.

I mean, that shit manages to turn charming once you play enough.
No idea how.

“A cyclops!.. The brute is as slow as it is large.”

Agreed, the pawn chatter can become a bit repetitive at times but I do love it for some reason. It does become slightly more varied as pawns become more knowledgeable about enemies too.

Oh, I’ve logged about 200 hours in this game and at this point I think it’s hilarious.

“This looks interesting” (picks up rock)

Stream is starting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEVyli8ssRE

Woooo, sequel!

Itsuno is an international treasure.

I would buy it as I loved DD:Arisen.

@KristiGaines

So I’m not watching the video, what’s going on?

Dragon’s Dogma 2 is in development. No trailer, nothing else. Just confirmation that they are working on it.

Hey that’s great! Thank you!

I’m going to assume you have me on ignore since my screenshot has all the information.

Nothing else except an elaborate troll where they rip their shirts off to reveal the news, then awkwardly clap in a lovable and earnest way. Wonderful.

My god I completely missed the text in that image.

Here, I made it easy to join the fun.

That is god damned adorable.