Elden Ring - George R.R. Martin and Hidetaka Miyazaki

I can’t agree more with you. As much as I want to, I simply can’t enjoy Dark Souls because it’s too hard and unforgiving.

Umm…wow. I’m a huge Souls fan and I will play the shit out of this but the asset reuse is straight up embarrassing at this point, and the game frankly looks like shit (on a technical level) compared to what the competition is putting out.

It looks technically very last gen, but there are moments that did look great (particularly that castle).
It being an open world makes it more appealing to me, as a kind of refresh of the overplayed (for me at least) Soulsborne formula.

I do wish we weren’t playing a mute moron again though.

If it means it’ll run on my last gen pc I’m ok with that 🙂

I watched 3 minutes of this video and I’m all in. Shut it off because I don’t want any more spoilers. I saw the player swat the pot, thinking there was a guy inside the pot, but no! The guy was the pot.

Preorder confirmed.

Ugh I never finished Dark Souls 3, been so long I don’t think I could even go back. Yet I am tempted to get this game, visually it looks a mix of last gen and current gen.

Jumping looks better at least.

We could go back to DS3 together after we finish Elden Ring if you want. I was in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. Is that about where you left off too?

I made it to Lothric castle if I recall. :)

I will probably just enjoy watching someone else play/finish the areas I haven’t seen yet via youtube.

There are a massive number of people on YouTube currently playing various DS games as a way of getting their subs ready for ER. I love watching first time blind play thrus. There is something great about reliving your experience while watching someone else have their first.

I did have to quit watching SNTR as the guy, while good at the game, constantly whined about how it played.

As a way of getting their subs ready? What does subs mean here? Is that lingo for “skills” or something?

Subscribers, presumably.

Ah ok, I see. Viewers need to be primed to be in the correct frame of mind too. I didn’t know that.

Every single thing surrounding the culture of streaming is so weird to me. So weird.

so you are neither a voyeur or an exhibitionist?

Not as far as video games are concerned.

Good. No one wants to see you over-leveling your characters Kolbex. And now you’ve got me doing it too.

Overleveling is definitely a shameful practice best kept to the privacy of one’s own home.

I’m currently feel in DS3 again. Happy to come along if anyone wants help

Pot thing is now Stepbro.

Calling it ahead of time.

I think a lot of YouTubeers haven’t played the DS games before and now feel ER will be so big that they can’t ignore it. I don’t know why people would watch a game they don’t play. Why spoiler yourself?

Subs=subscribers

People actually pay to watch this stuff, amazing.