Eldritch Horror play by forum

I am confused as to what you’re trying to do here. Are you meaning to acquire it as something you can discard if corruption flips? Because that’s fine but doesn’t happen during action phase - it’s a Reckoning effect that may not even hit this turn if you are lucky enough to get another green Mythos card.

Edit: Also, you are not forced to do the Mystery encounter so if you want to stay in London you can. There are no monsters actually present there at the moment. On the other hand moving to Rome is also fine.

OK, I definitely still want some possessions to discard in the event of the next reckoning, since the tokens on the corruption will insta-kill me otherwise.

1. I’ll actually change to taking a ship token in London
  2. I’ll rest. If I have at least three or four health at the end of Mythos phase, I’m very likely to pay the health/san cost to flip Tempted By The Darkness.

You also get to test Observation to flip your Fossilized Samples. 6, 6, 6, 6 man, where was that roll on like, anything where more than one success matters? or when you had a Focus to improve Observation with…

Fossilized Samples (Reverse Side)
After analyzing the fossils for days, you come to a terrifying conclusion. You hold in your hands the proof of alien life-forms on Earth dating back thousands of years. Learning about the creatures from the past could help you combat them in the future. Gain 2 Clues and retreat Doom by 1, then discard this card.

2 Clues gained.
Doom retreats to 4

Carolyn Fern
Resting spawns a Clue at space 12.

Go, Carolyn!

Encounter%20Phase

Ashcan Pete
Assuming a Research Encounter rather than generic City
Research Encounter (City)

Yes, this appears to be a Research Encounter with no chance of gaining the clue and a decent shot at losing more. Shitty.
Observation is 3. 3 die test. activating Practiced 5, 5, 3, 2
Success…which gets you nothing.

Agnes Baker
Honored Dead
Horror: Will. Will is 2. 2 die test, blessed. 5, 4 No sanity damage.
Combat: Str -1. Without the Str improvement I think the spell route is better here. casting Storm of Spirits, substituting Lore for Str and spending a Health to roll 2 extra dice Lore is 4 -1 for test, +2 for special ability. 5 die test, blessed. 6, 5, 2, 2, 1 2 damage dealt to Honored Dead, 1 to Agnes.

Storm of Spirits (Reverse Side)
0 successes: Controlling the spirits is only possible through blood sacrifice. Lose 1 Health.
1+ successes: You summon the spirits of retribution which grow only more vicious when their master is harmed. For each Health you lose from the test, you may spend 1 Sanity. The Monster loses 1 Health for each Sanity you spend.

@brooski, you may spend 1 Sanity now. if you do, you will defeat the Honored Dead (adding 3 toughness to your personal story) and can also have a Research Encounter or generic Wilderness Encounter. If not the monster will survive and your Encounter Phase ends.

Sefina Rousseau
Other World Encounter

Observation is 4. 4 die test. 4, 4, 2, 1
Spend Clue(s) for reroll? @ironwulf

Carolyn Fern
London Encounter (City)

Clue spawns on space 17.
Influence is 3. 3 die test. 6, 5, 2

Courier Run (Unique Asset) - Task. When you gain this card from the deck, place a random Clue token corresponding to a City space face up on this card. After resolving a location encounter on that space, flip this card. (Space 7)

Pending:
@brooski’s decision about Sanity spending and whether to pursue a followup encounter.
@ironwulf’s decision about whether to spend clues on rerolls.

I spend the Sanity and do a Research Encounter.

@ironwulf

Spend clues as needed to try to get a success please

Agnes Baker (continued)
Honored Dead defeated and added to Personal Story at cost of 1 Sanity.

Research Encounter (Wilderness)

Ghoul
Horror: Will+1. Will is 2 + 1 from test. 3 die test, blessed. 5, 4, 2 No sanity loss.
Combat: Str. Str is 2 +2 from Monster Hunter (you’re too low on Health or Sanity for me to want to use magic on this). 4 die test, blessed. 6, 5, 5, 3. No damage received, 3 damage dealt to Ghoul’s toughness of 1.
Ghoul defeated. 1 Toughness added to Personal Story. Clue gained.
@brooski, which Monster do you want to lose the Health?

Sefina Rousseau (continued)
Clue 6

Lore is 4. 4 die test. 5, 4, 1, 1
Gate closed!

Take the damage on the Lloigor. Imma kill that thing.

Mythos%20Phase

Advance Omen
Omen advances to Green.
1 Green gate (Tunguska).
Doom advances to 3.

Monster Surge
2 monsters spawn from each Green gate.
Hunting Horror spawns from Tunguska
Hunting Horror (Tunguska): Toughness 3. Horror: Will -1. Dam 3. Combat: Str. Dam 2.
Reckoning: Move this Monster to the nearest space containing an investigator. Then an investigator on that space immediately encounters it.
Star Vampire spawns from Tunguska.
Star Vampire (Tunguska): Toughness 4. Horror: Will -1. Dam 3. Combat: Str -2. Dam 2.
When this Monster is spawned, advance the Omen by 1 unless investigators as a group spend 2 Clues.
This would bring Doom down to 2. Let me know how y’all want to handle this.

Spawn Clues
Clue spawns on space 11.
Clue spawns on space 22.

Resolve Effect

Ongoing
When this card enters play, each investigator impairs a skill of their choice.
Reckoning: The Lead Investigator impairs three skills of their choice. Then discard this card.

Pending:
Advance Omen or spend 2 Clues? If Clues, who spends how many?
Everyone must choose one skill to impair. This will cancel out with an improvement if you assign it to a skill you’ve improved, or reduce your skill by one if not. If you have a skill of 1, you can’t roll less than 1 die on any skill test, so that might be a good candidate for impairment.

I have 1 Clue left after that test, I’ll contribute it if anyone else is able to pitch in for the second.
My choice of what to impair is easy: Strength

I have a clue left over you can have.

Impair my Influence.

I’ll also impair influence…

…and since this is the end of a Mythos phase, I’m going to spend the two health and two sanity to flip that Tempted By The Darkness card.

Impair my Influence

Tempted By Darkness (Reverse Side)
When you finally give in to the voices that have been echoing in your head, you realize that they have been preparing you over the last few weeks, refining your body and mind to near perfection.
For each Eldritch token you have (2), improve one skill of your choice. Then discard all of your Eldritch tokens and this card.

@triggercut, which skills would you like to improve?

Let’s improve strength and lore.

Game State End of Turn 10

Gates:
Green: Tunguska
Blue: Antarctica
Red: Hyperborea (Space 13), Sydney, Shanghai

Monsters:
Dunwich Horror (Arkham): Toughness 8. Horror check = Will -1; damage 3. Combat check = Str -2; damage 3.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. If the result is less than or equal to 4 (number of investigators), spawn 1 Gate.
Cthonian (Heart of Africa): Toughness 4. Horror: Will -1. Dam 2. Combat: Str -2. Dam 3.
When this Monster is spawned, move it to the Heart of Africa.
Young Cthonian (Heart of Africa): Toughness 3. Horror: Will -1. 2 dam. Combat: Str -1. 2 dam.
When this Monster is spawned, each investigator on this space or an adjacent space loses 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
Leng Spider (Tokyo): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -1. Dam 2.
If you fail the Will test, do not resolve the Strength test and you do not resolve any other encounters this turn.
Riot (Tunguska): Toughness 3. Horror: None. Combat: Strength -3. 3 dam.
Before resolving the Strength test, you may attempt to disperse the mob. Test Influence -1. If you succeed, defeat this Monster.
Leng Spider (Tunguska): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -1. Dam 2.
If you fail the Will test, do not resolve the Strength test and you do not resolve any other encounters this turn.
Byakhee (Antarctica). Toughness 2. Horror: Will. Dam 1. Combat: Str. Dam 2.
If you defeat this monster during a Combat Encounter, you may lose 1 Sanity and move 3 spaces instead of resolving another encounter.
Ghoul Priest (space 7): Toughness 2. Horror: Will. Dam 1. Combat: Str. Dam 2.
If you lose Health from the Strength test, gain a Paranoia condition. Reckoning: Resolve the Reckoning effect of the Cultist monster on the Ancient One sheet.
Lloigor (Shanghai). Toughness 4 (1 Health remaining). Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -2. Dam 3.
Reckoning: Each Investigator on this space or an adjacent space loses 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
Dark Young (Space 13): Toughness 5. Horror: Will -1. Dam 3. Combat: Str -3. Dam 3.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, advance Doom by 1.
Dimensional Shambler (Space 20): Toughness 2. Horror: Will -1. Dam 2. Combat: Obs -1. Dam 0.
If you fail the Observation check, gain a Lost in Time and Space Condition.
Cultist (Antarctica): Toughness 1. Horror: None. Combat: Str -1. Dam 1.
Reckoning: Spawn 1 Goat Spawn Monster or 1 Dark Young Monster on this space. Then, if you spawned a Monster, discard this Cultist.
Werewolf (Antarctica): Toughness 2. Horror check = Will; damage 1. Combat check = Str; damage 2.
Physical Resistance (you can’t apply dice bonuses except from Magical possessions and Spells)
Reckoning: Move this monster one space towards the nearest investigator. Then each investigator on this space loses 1 Health.
Hunting Horror (Tunguska): Toughness 3. Horror: Will -1. Dam 3. Combat: Str. Dam 2.
Reckoning: Move this Monster to the nearest space containing an investigator. Then an investigator on that space immediately encounters it.
Star Vampire (Tunguska): Toughness 4. Horror: Will -1. Dam 3. Combat: Str -2. Dam 2.
When this Monster is spawned, advance the Omen by 1 unless investigators as a group spend 2 Clues.

Mythos Cards (Ongoing/Rumor):
Return of the Ancient Ones:

When an investigator on Space 19 defeats a Monster, he may spend 1 Clue to place that Monster on this card. When the total Toughness of Monsters on this card is equal to or greater than 4, solve this Rumor.
Reckoning: Spawn 1 Monster on Space 19. Then if there are 4 or more Monsters on Space 19, advance Doom to 0 and solve this Rumor.

Accursed Fortune

Ongoing - After an investigator performs an Acquire Assets action, he acquires a Cursed Condition unless he spends 2 Clues. Then discard this card.

Time Catches Up

Ongoing: Reckoning: The Lead Investigator impairs three skills of their choice. Then discard this card.

Doom: 3
Omen: Green
Active Mystery:
Second%20Mystery
(1 Eldritch token)

Investigators: Eldritch Horror Character Tracking - Google Docs
(Should be up to date as of this post, let me know if not.)

Asset Reserve:
[3] Silver Twilight Ritual (Asset) - Service: When you gain this card, immediately retreat Doom by 1. Then discard this card.
[3] Occult Scripture (Asset) - Item - Tome. When you gain this card from the deck or the reserve, gain 2 Clues. Whenever you gain a Clue during a Research Encounter, spawn 1 Clue.
[3] Enchanted Jewelry (Asset) - Item - Magical Relic: If you would lose Sanity, you may spend 1 Focus to prevent the loss of up to 2 sanity.
[1] Ritual Candles (Asset) - Trinket. You may discard this card to gain +5 Lore when resolving a Spell effect. Action: You may discard this card to gain 1 Spell.

Action%20Phase

@brooski, you are Lead Investigator.

Incidentally, I realized that for some reason I thought you’d discarded your Str improvement when you haven’t. Oh well, it worked out all right and I’ll keep that in mind going forward.

1. Use Rail ticket to go to space 11
  2. To Shanghai
  3. FIGHTZORZ!!

@ironwulf

ethelred-orz-053?