Eldritch Horror play by forum

I’ll discard the Forced Learning spell, will not spend tokens to re-roll for Shroud and hop I just draw a duplicate.
Sheesh, my rolls so far are horrible.

So you’re not rerolling for either Lore check and are discarding Forced Learning. Are you keeping Shroud and taking a Madness, or discarding that as well? I couldn’t tell from your post.

Also, yes, you are having rotten dice luck. And so few tests where you could even trigger your passive ability. :/

Sure, let’s shuffle.

Any opinions on our friend the Werewolf?

Keeping the Shroud, will hope for a duplicate Madness

I’d leave it up to Sefina, given that she’s on one of the spaces that the Werewolf could move to.

Not the case. If it were the Werewolf would have moved there automatically. Sefina moved to Buenos Aires.

Ah, yes, my bad…still looking at the old map.

Well, then, I vote for space 17.

In the interest of moving along, I’ll vote for space 17 also.

17 is the magic number.

I also vote 17, so it can read the magazine and get all the references.

K.
Werewolf moves to space 17.
Sefina’s new Madness is Amnesia, which we’ve seen before.
The new Expedition is in the Heart of Africa Cthonian breeding colony.

Game State, End of Turn 2
Trying a new way of screenshotting the map. If this is more readable, awesome. If not, let me know and I’ll post the old style.

Gates:
Green: Istanbul, Tunguska
Blue: Tokyo, Buenos Aires
Red: The Himalayas

Monsters:
Werewolf (Space 17): Toughness 2. Horror check = Will; damage 1. Combat check = Str; damage 2.
Physical Resistance (you can’t apply dice bonuses except from Magical possessions and Spells)
Reckoning: Move this monster one space towards the nearest investigator. Then each investigator on this space loses 1 Health.
Dunwich Horror (Arkham): Toughness 8. Horror check = Will -1; damage 3. Combat check = Str -2; damage 3.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. If the result is less than or equal to 4 (number of investigators), spawn 1 Gate.
Cthonian (Heart of Africa): Toughness 4. Horror: Will -1. Dam 2. Combat: Str -2. Dam 3.
When this Monster is spawned, move it to the Heart of Africa.
Young Cthonian (Heart of Africa): Toughness 3. Horror: Will -1. 2 dam. Combat: Str -1. 2 dam.
When this Monster is spawned, each investigator on this space or an adjacent space loses 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
Hunting Horror (Rome): Toughness 3 (2 Health remaining). Horror: Will -1. Dam 3. Combat: Str. Dam 2.
Reckoning: Move this Monster to the nearest space containing an investigator. Then an investigator on that space immediately encounters it.
Honored Dead (The Pyramids): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -1. Dam 3.
When this Monster spawns, move it to the Pyramids.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, the nearest investigator gains a Cursed Condition.
Avian Thrall (Buenos Aires): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. 2 dam. Combat: Str - 1. 2 dam.
If Sanity is lost in Will test, gain 1 Corruption Condition.
Reckoning: Move this Monster to the nearest investigator; that investigator immediately encounters this Monster.
Deep One Hybrid (Tunguska): Toughness 1. Horror: Will. Dam 1. Combat: Str -1. Dam 1.
When you defeat this Monster in a Combat Encounter, lose 1 Sanity and gain 1 random Item Asset from the deck.

Mythos Cards (Ongoing/Rumor):
None at present.

Doom: 11
Omen: Red
Active Mystery:
Starting%20Mystery

Investigators: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wvWdknRhHlEM2wpPa1EwfkMCP_l6bzDMveCANMQrsZM/edit
(Should be up to date as of this post, let me know if not.)

Asset Reserve:
[3] Silver Twilight Ritual (Asset) - Service: When you gain this card, immediately retreat Doom by 1. Then discard this card.
[3] Monster Hunter (Asset) - Ally: Gain +2 strength during Combat Encounters. Action: A Monster of your choice on your space loses 1 Health.
[3] Enchanted Jewelry (Asset) - Item - Magical Relic: If you would lose Sanity, you may spend 1 Focus to prevent the loss of up to 2 sanity.
[1] Bandages (Asset) - Item: You may discard this card to prevent an investigator on your space from losing up to 2 Health.

Action%20Phase
Lead Investigator is @Brooski, who is now up.

Just a question about the Shroud of Shadow, this let’s me choose encounters as though a monster is not present, but the Avian Thrall at Buenos Aires being in the same space as I would still prevent me from doing a Rest action?

Correct.

First action: Try and gain an item from asset reserve. http://orokos.com/roll/620153 -> 3, 1, 3 nada
Second action: Travel to The Amazon. So exciting!

@ironwulf is up.

Sefina looked over her shoulder, worried about being followed. This was a horrible chain of events, and all she wanted was to lie down and catch up on some much needed rest, but the creature in the city was relentlessly searching. She knew only the glamour that was playing such tricks with her mind was also hiding her from it…

First Action Prepare for travel, grab a boat ticket
Second Action Grab a Focus token to put me at 2

I’d have really liked to rest to deal with the conditions possibly, but need to also clear a gate this turn or suffer a Personal Story consequence.

@triggercut

It’s worth a shot, but do note that a) gate encounters don’t necessarily close the gate and b) Mythos phases stand a decent chance of spawning more so you won’t be safe even if you do. That said, we’ve seen both yellow Mythos cards for this stage, though, so I don’t believe there’s going to be another Reckoning until Stage II, and IIRC the green cards do a Monster Surge instead of spawning a Gate (which would be its own badness in this context but only spawns a gate if there’s no gate for the omen color at time of surge). And the blues are rumors, which are terrible as hell but don’t spawn gates -or- monsters.

We basically have monsters every damned where, and also gates too.

Can I

Action 1: travel to Istanbul
Action 2: Focus action

All else being the same, in the encounter phase I guess I’ll try to close the gate.

Yep, that’s viable.

And yeah, Shub-Niggurath alone would be spamming monsters all over, but getting the Dunwich Horror prelude is a particularly bad combo here, I think, what with there being no practical way to kill it for at least three turns of combat even if someone started right now and rolled really well and it giving you a two-thirds chance of an extra gate every single reckoning. The glamours are real nice, but only one of them helps all that directly.