Eldritch Horror play by forum

Her Personal Story checks both map Clues and acquired Clues, so it’s already got enough. But it only does that if someone else rests in her space.

Ah, gotcha

By the way, I just noticed that I should have had you reroll the 2 on that Lore check with your free Focus - sure, you succeeded, but if you got a second success you could have improved Lore a second time. So, using orokos since Tabletop Sim is too slow to load for one die roll:
http://orokos.com/roll/621121 = 1

If you want to spend any more Focus or a Clue and do the rerolls yourself, feel free. Up to you whether it’s worth it.

I will spend 1 Focus & 1 Clue to try to get that improvment.
Spent Clue: 4 Dice Roller • Orokos.com
Spent Focus 2 Dice Roller • Orokos.com
Oh well…

I will definitely put that clue to the mystery.

Not sure if I should take my turn yet, but it’s a straightforward one.

1. Prepare to travel (rail ticket)
  2. Move to space 16, where I’ll try for the clue in the encounter phase.

You are top of the turn order and it’s the action phase, so yes.

I believe I go second, so i will

1. Prepare to travel by ship.
  2. Travel to Tokyo to attempt to clear some shit.

Please @ the next person on the list so they have a better idea they’re up. Like so: @brooski

First action: Acquire Assets. Someone will need to roll for me.
Second action: move to Space 5 for Clue.

Next: @ironwulf

Since I’m up next I went ahead and rolled for @Brooski as long as no one else minds.
6, 3, 1 http://orokos.com/roll/621434 for one success!
There’s only 1 asset with value of 1 so I assume he’ll be taking the bandages.

Question for the group: Sefina currently has 4 clues, I was planning on also trying to acquire assets and then using my 4 clues to clear off that Rumor before we need to worry about losing assets, sound like a good use of the clues?
I’ll hold off on my actions until the reserve gets re-filled after @Brooski takes his card.

That is a thing I would suggest. Also, Brooski could take a loan to buy one of the 3 cost assets, thus completing the trifecta of Deal conditions.

Yes, I do so and take Monster Hunter

It’s going to be funny if he triggers all 3 during a single reckoning, you should definitely do them in the following order:
Debt, Agreement, Dark Pact

Thugs beat you up and steal your stuff, then a priest of Yog - Sothoth extracts your liver, then Azathoth devours you!

Monster Hunter gained. Debt gained.
Debt (Condition) - Deal - Common. Local Action: Test Influence. If you pass, discard this card. Reckoning: Some men have come to collect on your debt. Flip this card.
Asset Reserve refreshed.
New card is:
[3] Museum Curator (Asset) - Ally. You may reroll one die when resolving an Expedition Encounter or a Mystic Ruins Encounter. When you gain this card from the deck or the reserve, gain 1 Relic Unique Asset.

@ironwulf, you’re up.

First Action: Travel to San Francisco
Second Action: Acquire Assets.

Influence is 2, rolling 1, 5 http://orokos.com/roll/621650
Hmmmm, I really like that Museum Curator.
I will save my Focus and not re-roll the failure as that still won’t be enough to get the Curator, so looks like I’ll take a loan to do so.

Oh, and use my 4 Clue tokens to clear out that Rumor.

Debt gained (see above for text). Museum Curator gained. Relic Unique Asset gained:
Fossilized Samples (Unique Asset) - Item - Relic. When you perform a Rest action, you may examine the fossils. Test Observation. If you pass, flip this card.
Rumor cleared.

(PS: That 6 Brooski rolled was 2 successes due to Fine Clothes - doesn’t matter in this case though since there were no 2 or 4 cost assets)

Encounter%20Phase

Carolyn Fern
Research Encounter (City)

Observation is 2 +1 from Markings, -1 from test. 2 die test. 3, 2 reroll from Markings 1

@triggercut, spend last remaining Focus to try to succeed?

Ashcan Pete
Combat Encounter (Cultist)
Horror check: None.
Combat check: Strength -1. Strength is 3. +2 from Blunderbuss, -1 from test. 4 die test. 5, 3, 3, 2
Cultist slain!

Combat Encounter (Leng Spider)
Horror check: Will. Will is 3. Activating Practiced for extra die, because if you fail this you stop here
4 die test. 6, 3, 3, 1 Reroll from Mind’s Eye 2 reroll from Practiced 6. 2 successes, no damage.
Combat check: Strength -1. Strength is 3, +2 from Blunderbuss, -1 for test. 4 die test. 5, 4, 1, 1
No successes due to Blunderbuss. Rerolling with Sweet Dreams 4, 4, 4, 3 rerolling 1 die with Bull Whip 4 rerolling 1 die with Duke 1
@charmtrap You can still spend 1 Focus, up to 2 Clues, and put an Eldritch token on Corruption for further rerolls. Otherwise you’ll take 1 Health damage (after activating the Protective Totem) and deal 0 damage to the Spider.

Agnes Baker
Research Encounter (City)

Observation is 2, -1 for test. 1 die test, blessed. 6

2 Clues gained; 2 Eldritch tokens applied to Know Your Enemy.

Sefina Rousseau
San Francisco Encounter (City)

Lore is 4. 4 die test. 6, 6, 6, 3 Spending free Focus for passive special. Lore improved.

Observation improved.

Pending stuff:
@triggercut decision on reroll.
@charmtrap decision on reroll(s).
@brooski or possibly @triggercut if he gains the Clue from his research encounter - one clue left on the Mystery, who wants to contribute that clue? I’m guessing Brooski, but triggercut technically has the option first if desired.

Yes please on focus/reroll to succeed for clue.

I will contribute Clue if @triggercut doesn’t.

Considering I have zero successes and need 3, it seems like I might be better off taking my lumps and trying again next turn.