Essential Oils And Other Holistic Bullshit

I thought so. If not, I’m sorry, but I am getting a real “you won’t believe me, so you probably won’t even trust a real doctor” message. Why am I even in this conversation…

A mechanic told me my car is low on oil, so I have arranged to have it dipped into a pool full of it. It’s a sophisticated mechanical system, so I’m sure the oil will get where it is needed.

No, not at all.

My mention of being a scientist is simply an explanation of why, as I scientist, I actually believe in the doctors and scientists who actually study medicine and pharmaceuticals, and why determination of a treatment is established through a scientific process.

The reason I thought our new member might not listen to me, even if I were a doctor, was based on his prior statements, railing against science, and the FDA, etc.

Does TheTickTockHouse strike anyone else as Judge Florio?

Judge Florio is both more and less sane. Speaking of the honorable, he doesn’t seem to have been very prominent for the last 10 years or so. Hope nothing bad has happened to him.

More like Brian Koontz to me.

Well, with the ACA going away, we are going to need a buttload of crystals to get through this.

Oh man, good. Ol Jillenstein was peddlin 'em out the back of a rainbow-spraypainted VW behind the local REI Outfitters last week and I got like 4 of 'em. She smiled real big, said I’d ensure she had enough chakra focusers and dreamcatchers for the cold season.

The big ones? Not the small ones.
You’ll never make it with 4 small ones.

Misread this originally as “She smelled real big.”

Still giggling. It might actually work better that way.

Maybe she just smells bigly

Ah. So I’ve been doing it wrong. No wonder they didn’t help me.

[quote=“theticktockhouse, post:95, topic:77624”]
I don’t think anyone out there is claiming that if a person infected with Ebola virus ingests a large dose of highly concentrated cinnamon ( oil/resin ) (extracted from a cinnamon plant) (not the Domino Cinnamon Sugar cowboy you shake on French toast) that it would kill the bug.[/quote]

See that’s the thing—they’re not actually making solid claims one way or another because then they’re obligated to provide proof of those claims, which they do not have. So instead they merely allude to the efficacy of this shit with worthless anecdotes and vague statements that don’t actually mean anything. Statements such as:

Good timing for this:

SFW - It’s on the CBS News site.

I think they could have just stopped the headline at “Paltrow”

Homeopathy is pretty much debunked trivially, simply by recognition that chemicals exist in the form of molecules, and in a solution there are a finite number of those molecules. After a certain point of dilution, there are literally zero molecules left. It’s literally just water at that point.

Homeopathy is for people without basic knowledge of elementary school chemistry.

Which is exactly why it is worth the time and trouble to debunk it.

But they won’t understand the debunking.

@Timex is right. Homeopathy has been debunked countless times. It’s like climate change or anti-vax folks. It doesn’t matter what science or logic proves. People will believe what they want.

Just summarize homeopathy as “dilute something until it’s no longer there” and let them come to their own conclusions. If someone thinks a substance which isn’t present in their treatment is helping them there’s nothing more you can do.