Ever get an urge to finally play a game that came out a long time ago?

See what you get bahimiron? Instead of replying to your post, people addressed the original post. :)

As for your question on Indigo Prophecy: I’ve only played the first half, and I thought it was definitely worth playing. I’ve heard it goes south in the second half though, so maybe my good impression of the game only comes from not having finished it. Unfortunately, I lost my save game, so if I’m ever to see it through I’ll have to start over, which I look forward to doing one day, if the 360 releases ever slow down and give me some time.

Every now and then I get the urge to play through all the Command and Conquer games. I’ve never finished a single one but own all of them.

Hey, fine by me. It’s a good original post.

I’ve just discovered that after playing Assassin’s Creed, I’m hungry for more non-shooters. Picked up Dead Rising and Fable, but I got three 2000 point 360 cards for Christmas and damn if they aren’t just burning a hole in my e-pocket.

I played through Star Control 2, System Shock 1, Ultima 5, and Sam and Max Hit the Road in '06. Can anyone beat that?

Novastorm…except I have not a clue on how to obtain it.

I get that urge all the time and I try to access my backlog chronologically when possible.

I finished Tron 2.0 last month; it was very clever, easy on the eyes and engaging while it lasted, but in the end it oddly comes off as a pretty pedestrian experience. I guess I expected more of a punch to the story – or maybe meeting Tron himself.

Weird, it doesn’t even show up on the Psygnosis HotU page.

I go through Jagged Alliance 2 every year because it’s just way too damn awesome. And when i’m finished, i install Silent Storm for more goodness.

WTB JaggedAlliance3 :(

I tried three of those four in '07. Ultima V being the exception. Of course, I’d played more of System Shock earlier on my P-100, a few years earlier, but it’s not convenient to run that system anymore. Also I came very, very close to finishing the first Star Saga game the same year. That’s older still. (Game stalled because one of the players was much further from endgame than everyone else, and needed to get there to help us, then promptly lost interest.)

But if you finished them, that’s more than I’ve done.

I rifled through a few boxes last night and came up with Sacred+ and the expansion pack, i think i will install that tonight even though i played it almost to the end when it initially came out. Great game IMHO, though more than a little bug-ridden.

I played DOOM 3 last night (bought the id Super Pack during the Steam sale) and with the 8800GT I was at 1280x1024 with Ultra Quality at what seemed like a solid 60 frames per second. It’s just plain gorgeous, and creepy, and filled with so many cool nods to the original DOOM.

Cue monster closet, “can’t see shit” posts, etc.

I play old games all the damn time. I recently decided to try to beat Bard’s Tale 2: Destiny Knight again. Beat that.

I’ve got 4 out of 7 segments, btw.

I have Last Express, Planescape, and Longest Journey looking soulfully at me from the shelf… all the shooters got cleared from the backlog, but these wallflowers are all still there…

You really should treat yourself to Longest Journey, it’s a great game. I bit difficult to get running in XP i believe.

Naw, I played Longest Journey on XP a couple of years ago.

The game doesn’t like alt tab switching, though. Not that many do.

I just played through The Ur-Quan Masters. Again.

I ran through Dungeon Keeper again this year, it always takes me back to a different time and place…

Early in the year, I played through Star Control 2 again with the original PC music, and no voices. Just like old times. But enough people here at Qt3 like the 3DO voices and new music in the game, that I think the next time I play through the game, I’ll try it that way.

Two years ago I played through Chrono Trigger for the first time, on a friend’s modded Xbox. Emulators are such a great way to enjoy old classics that you missed out on, because they let you save anywhere and have the “turbo” button to skip through long boring sequences and cut-scenes. I used the turbo button a LOT in Chronotrigger, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has never played it. It’s still a fun game, and its pretty short too, so its not like other JRPG that become a chore because they’re so freaking long.

I’ve tried several times to play through the now free “Betrayal at Kondor” (or is it Krondor? I can’t remember). But every time I played through it, my party would inevitably starve to death before getting to Kondor. The main reason for that is that I could never solve those riddles to open those chests, and I always ran out of money for buying food, and without food you eventually die. I think one day I’m going to play that game again, but this time I’ll use Gamefaqs or something to get the answer to those stupid riddles. :)

“Ten men’s length, ten men’s strength. One man can pick it up, no man can stand it up.”

I played the demo for the original Marathon on XBLA and damn if it didn’t make me want to sped the points on the full version. How is it compared to say, the original Doom? It looks similar but pretty fun.