Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

Yeah… I streamed a bunch last night with my friend, and there is some jank though. We were working on a questline and as I was walking the textures stopped updating, to where everything was still rendered in the distance viewing mode, blobby graphics, no interiors, etc. The AI of a lot of the scorched is just odd. Sometimes they just stand there, enemies are really easy to get hung up on terrain.

But, it is still fun, we had a blast playing it together. The community of players in the game are really helpful so far.

Also, we did the quest to activate the giant mining rig and 3 scorchbeasts spawned, and over the course of an epic 30 minutes, we killed all 3.

And uh… the scorchbeasts really move and act a lot like some creature I fought in Skyrim. Got some good loot though.

It was pretty fun, I am hilariously underleveled for that area, and my friend was in his power armor, leading me around like a babysitter on a day to the park. He would spend time outside shooting at the beasts, collecting the ore from the harvester, and check in with me to grab more ammo I had crafted for him (as stepping outside meant certain death via scorchbeast)

Pretty cool though.

I’d love to play the game he describes in his speculative elevator pitch, the game Bethesda ended up making however… not so much.

Bethesda taking a third cut at fixing Nylonbaggate and doing what they should have done immediately.

The person who convinced everyone internally at Bethesda that it would be no big deal to replace the canvas bag with a shitty nylon bag in the first place should be ashamed. If it was the same person who then convinced people that giving owners $5 worth of virtual currency would be a prudent response, they should be demoted.

Perhaps they should follow up with a non-prototype, read a real picture, of the darn bag before they start sending them out and save themselves the trouble of being rejected again.

It’s not leather, or silk or chiffon. This is canvas. Perhaps they can find a random Etsy creator to help them out.

The internet detectives say the bag they distributed where the 0.68$ version and the advertised one the 5$ version.

*scrolls up to make sure was not in this very thread where the detective thing was posted*

You know what’s fun? Downloading the latest patch, and CTD’ing when you load in your character. More stellar work from BGS.

Edit: New fix. If this doesn’t work, use the workaround below.

Navigate to Documents/My Games/Fallout 76 (This is in your DOCUMENTS folder, not the game folder) - there is a file called ControlMap_Custom.txt Delete this. If you don’t see this file, do the following below to correct.

“Modify the Fallout76Prefs.ini file Find the iPresentInterval and modify value to 0.”_

Workaround:

1. Create a brand new, throwaway character.
  2. Play that character until you step out of Vault 76.
  3. Quit to MENU (not desktop)
  4. You’ll be able to select your main and play

You have to do this every time you quit and restart from desktop. With a brand-new character (you can’t just load the first throwaway you made)

Extraordinary.

That sounds like something that will be fixed in the next week.

Austin doesn’t have any people who have developed MMOs before.

To be fair, I had none of the patch problems people have noted. My wife didn’t either, other than the usual random chance of the game just not moving off of the loading screen once.

LK if I weaken … it is so close.

Sounds like something that developers could fix quickly if it where a Steam game.

That sucks.

I have had no issues since the patch.

The upgrade in size to the stash is a god-send.

This sounds pretty bad. Players that sent in a support ticket for a bag replacement for their Fallout 76 Power Armor editions are seeing everyone else’s support tickets

As of this moment I am receiving every single one of your support tickets on my Bethesda account. Mostly it’s your receipts for you power armor set requesting a new bag. These receipts contain all your info. Your email and home address and the card you used to buy this extremely glitched game. I can see the problems you are having with the game, yes I’m having them too. And I know a few of you want a refund that Bethesda has said can’t happen. I can update your ticket for you, if you’d like. And close it! How fun is that? Please rest assure I have no desire to stalk you or mess with your Fallout 76 experience. I just wanted to let y’all know that this is happening atm. Anyway, I gave Bethesda a heads up via the Twitter. So we will see. I wouldn’t want to be the person having to respond to all of you. Currently there’s 8 pages of canvas bag requests, tickets and “fix or refund me” demands. Is there anyone enjoying the game like me? Oh well! See you in Appalachia. Be nice to each other. I love you!

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3ga47/i_am_getting_your_support_tickets_on_my_bethesda/

Bloody hell. Could it get any worse?

Yes. I don’t know precisely how offhand, but assuredly yes. Stay tuned!

I’m certainly enjoying the show from the sidelines.

I realized that was a foolish question as soon as I hit reply.

Well, at least Bethesda hasn’t started a trade war with China. Yet.

-Tom

A good write-up on Kotaku:

In response, a Bethesda community manager simply says in a forum thread “Hi guys, we’ve resolved this issue.”

Here’s what the data breach looked like:

https://twitter.com/JesscaTracy9/status/1070408681320177664