Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

$15 and I’m in.

I offer $11 CAD as my threshold.

I will play for a fee of $7 per hour, if there is an occasional backrub.

I’ll go for an even $10. But with a nice canvas bag, I’d go as high as $12.

-Tom

The Canvas Bag is a Lie!

$24.99 and they can keep the canvas bag. I’ll be in. No one should have to pay more than 25 bucks for a game. Damn Far Cry series retains it’s value ….

But you could use the canvas bag to take papers into work.

I think it was you I quoted on “no one pays more than $25 bucks a game” LK. And there is no way I could bring a “Fallout ‘76’” canvas, leather, or solid gold bag to court. It just wouldn’t do.

I watched the Angry Joe review - it is merciless. And funny. Does not look like a good game based on the review.

But a lot of Bethesda games come down to your own personal enjoyment out of mild world-exploring, e.g. how much you like the 50’s post-apocalyptic vibe. If you like it enough, it’s fun just to walk around and shoot the odd thing. Personally it’s getting a bit old to me but I’m an unsatisfied cynic at times.

Paging @tomchick, someone asked if a game is “fun”. The f word has been used. ;-) ;-) ;-)

I dunno about Tom. I suspect he’s on the fence on this. But I do know I am around 24 hours from pulling the trigger.

I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed.

-Tom

I think many people may well be less enamored, if not bored, of the basic exploration with combat and loot formula here. The technical woes are significant with this game, so if you’re not really into the formula it offers up, there’s little reason to spend any time with it.

I still love the formula though, and the West Virginia they’ve crafted is an amazing place to wander. Went to Harper’s Ferry and, yes, it looks very much like Harper’s Ferry in reality (well, with the addition of ghouls and stuff). Everywhere you wander, there is something you can come across which is intriguing and cool.

Of course, as soon as you, something odd will happen like photos from the photo mode not saving, or the servers going belly up randomly, or your camp construction storage duplicating everything in it every time you visit, or something like that…

I have played FONV so much. I’m playing it again with just some stability and prettiness mods, and I’m STILL finding new things I hadn’t hit before. I actually ran through the Kings quest for the first time, because I always scraped up the 2k caps in the past.

FO76 got uninstalled. I’ll be keeping an eye on what Bethsoft does with it. Hopefully a NMS makeover.

How far did you get, (player rank)?

I made it to level 25, and played lots and lots of hours with restarts.

At level 54 here, and still working on the main quest stuff. Still having a ton of fun, really, despite all the oddities.

I play every few days for an hour or so…enjoy it for what it is.

Noah Caldwell Gervais would have preferred something different too, but for what it is, he didn’t hate it.