Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

KevinC I wonder if Fallout 4 now with the high texture pack etc cured some of those problems there. Certainly nuka-world and fog island seemed pretty good looking. I am just speaking to your comment on dissonance (which I agree with originally but I think it may have improved). In Fallout 4 – I dunno bout Fallout '76 I resisted the impulse.

There’s an Enderal mod coming out. They should use those guys to keep the series ticking over while someone else works out how to get stuff up and running in Unreal.

Thanks for pointing me to New California. Loaded it up and have been enjoying it.

I’m not sure if it would help in my case. It’s mostly the animation of the models that seems very dated, and the quality of the models themselves poor. The issues I personally have don’t relate to sharpness of textures or blurriness or anything like that.

Yes I have to agree with you. There is no way around it some (if not most) of the Fallout 4 (and I presume '76) animations are just janky and odd. The ghouls occasionally surprise me but nothing really looks very good moving.

This game is far superior to all games.

Except bugs. Where have far more and biggers.

Box quote!

Burma Shave!

Teiman is not far off, though. There is a cubic butt-load of stuff to explore and discover, and the combat is passable to decent most of the time.

The bugs, though, oy vey. Everyone knows about the intermittent disconnections, but now I’m getting the same sort of thing when I try to interact with, say, a cooking station. Except it just flashes for a sec and then nothing, I’m standing there and it won’t actually let me use the station. There seems to be one of those “lost connection to the server” messages that comes in and goes out from the right ultra-fast, but that’s about it. Bizarre.

At least it no longer requires killing via Task Manager when I exit to desktop.

Yes.

Pistols should fire as fast as I can click the mouse button.

This is literally the thing I crave.

But… if it works this way then the accuracy has to drop for each shot. That’s how it works in real life.

Not in a RPG way, you just move the sights a bit with the recoil from each shot.

Not if you’re using, lets say, a 10mm gun. Either you fire 6 to 12 rounds like, PAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAP. Then there is no gun coming back to sight focus. In fact, most shooting ranges tell you, one second between shots. Mainly because then you end up with the gun riding up. And you don’t want to shoot the ceiling. That causes damage.

The trick is to line up the monsters horizontally then hold your gat gangsta style going from right to left.

Currently a $6 value! Although Fallout 1 is worth so much more to my heart 😍

I tried to play Fallout 2 a while back. It was…painful. It was amazing in its day, as was the original, but for me, I’m not sure the overall experience has aged quite as well as nostalgia might indicate.

Yeah. The pointlessly and poorly grafted on multiplayer for this is nothing more than copy protection.

There is some debate on this one, though. I’m a little leery about the guy’s claims. Read the whole thread.