Fallout: New Vegas

Every time I try to play NV I’d get some weird save issue where the game crashed when trying to load after a while.

I really would love to go play it again, but I can only handle so much of that.

Too bad they can’t move all the assets over to FO4. But Bethesda no likey.

That’s the main reason why I generally stick to STALKER mods for my post apocalyptic first person experiences these days.

I really doubt Bethesda will ever abandon the inventory lists.

I think I’m just done with the whole Bethesda Fallout formula in general. F:NV is by far and away the best one, but there’s still so much jank and fail in the implementation that I just can’t deal with it any more.

I liked Fallout 3. 91% is accurate enough for my tastes.

I have never replayed Fallout 3. Just the once on release. Still have not seen what the non-bugged out first Brotherhood of Steel set piece encounter looks like. Doubt the DC Ruins Labyrinthine Metro Maze of Bad Level Design holds up. Also New Vegas had noticeable improvements over FO3 inside and out of VATS so I don’t think I want to go back.

Those tunnels sucked all 3 times I went through them. I blame the shitty map design that popped up on the pipboy.

Overall though Fallout 3 still was very enjoyable.

You can get all the New Vegas mechanical improvements and still do the Fallout 3 content via the Tale of Two Wastelands mod. It’s a fuck of a lot more stable under modern Windows than either 3 or 4, in my experience.

It is really good with the DLC. I played it several years ago with a bunch of mods to improve the UI and improve the textures. I recall really liking the DLC too, especially the anchorage alaska one, where you see a small piece of the world before the war.

Finally got it installed. WOOT! Fallout 76? Never heard of it.

I can’t figure out the last phase of the computer repair quest. What do I miss by ignoring it and just moving on?

I think Ill install this for the t-day holiday. Are there any gotchas to look out for or are the install instructions pretty strait forward?

There’s a patch that needs to be installed. You need to use Vortex and not the Nexus Mod Manager. If your install instructions cover that you should be good.

I have New California installed and have played through a bit. It seems like a better than average mod and maybe almost a good dlc. I will report back.

New California is on nexus --that 4 gig patch is included. Fairly easy install.

Just finished a playthrough of the New California mod.

It is a weird as hell thing. For the first 2-5 hours depending on your choices…it is mostly an on-rails story focused critical path only no open world exploration game engine busting RPG.

The latter only gets worse though by the end where they really just say “fuck it!” and push and hold down the safety override button on this old ass engines to push it far beyond the break point that it literally just explodes. It mostly involves just the shear amount of “actors” they want on-screen AKA sizable armies duking it out with explosions and visual effects everywhere.

There are some interesting things but overall kinda meh. It is…a massive retread of previous ideas only done way more goofy in a horrible fanfic like way.

You’re a clone of The Master…and the mutant army wants to prevail again…and the Enclave bad guys are clones too…

Makes me think of the monster I’ve created on Skyrim, where the engine gets a massive overhaul so it’s effectively held together by rubber bands and masking tape. Such is the price of making it the game it should have been, lol.

That pretty much sums up my feelings about the mod. At least is free.

Now that everyone is distracted by Outer Worlds, now it’s the time!

To replay Fallout New Vegas, with the intention of playing the DLC I still have pending. Same play as me replaying BL2 + dlc when BL3 was released. With the addition here of mods. Oh, so many mods, and so much of a headache to mod the game, with the patchers, the mods, the plugins, the dependencies, the merges, etc.

These are the mods I selected after working on it on the weekend, who knows if they will blow up my game 25 hours into my playthrough
imagen

I’m also replaying FNV with an eye to finishing the DLC, but progress is slow. Hit a persistent freeze around Novac that almost made me walk away, but the bug seems to have resolved itself.

What order did you go through the DLC, @TurinTur? I started with OWB and am in the middle of Dead Money. Will play HH right before going to New Vegas, and LR just before choosing a side in the main quest. Not sure if I’ll finish the main quest at that point.

…I didn’t. Stupid mods made the game super crashy. I tried to fix it putting less mods, but to no avail. In the end I got fed up and instead of playing without mods, I played Outer Worlds. Which in the end it was a disappointing experience.