Fallout Shelter (the iOS game)

Whuh?

I believe this is referring to fixed events at certain intervals when one of your dwellers are out exploring. There is one at the 75 hour mark that has a chance of dropping Mr Handy.
I read some about it in this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/foshelter/comments/3cuoha/60_hours_in_the_wasteland_rare_weapons_any_reason/

Yeah, that’s the last one. There’s no reason to have them out more than 75 hours

New update today. Adds Mysterious stranger, gives 5 free lunchboxes and a character from Fallout 4. A few sound effects, plus cloud support to preserve your vault, and a new harder difficulty mode - the details of which haven’t been explained.

Somewhat controversially, it limits the number of wasteland explorers to 10, when most people late game have 30+ out there since there’s not really anything else to do. But wasteland exploration has been ruined since the last patch, which removed legendary items from fixed events and aside from exploiting a negative-time bug legendary items seemed to largely be confined to lunchboxes (needed for legendary characters). I stopped playing a while ago because there was no “sell all” button and it just became really tedious selling 100 items one at a time, from 40+ wasteland explorers, and never getting any that were of any use other than maybe once a week. (only ever found 90 of 139 weapons, despite probably 2000 wasteland trips). So reducing explorers to 10 at least indirectly gets rid of a lot of the busywork, and time will tell if they made it possible to find legendaries again on at least rare occasions.

For some reason I’m still grinding away, trying to get 200 dwellers to level 50 and maxed SPECIAL. Almost there on the SPECIAL training, but exploring was the best way to level people, so that will slow me down there too. There hasn’t really been anything to do in a long time though, I’m just playing out of habit.

I stopped playing when my game got corrupted due to a bug after playing for a long time and buying a few boxes.

As far as I know they never fixed it. I am bitter.

Wow, some of you have way too much time on your hands :)

It may be my imagination, but it seems like my explorers are surviving a little longer out in the wasteland. I don’t know if that’s translating into any better loot; I’ve only found one new item in the last week.

The weirdest part of the update is that one of the new sound effects reminds me of the echo-y guitar sound from U2’s Lemon, so I’ve had that song stuck in my head for a few days.

My two nephews discovered this game now I’m hooked

There is a Thanksgiving Theme right now too (in fully upgraded Kitchens and Barracks)

Pffft, who still uses kitchens?

This is now on PC, exclusively through the Bethesda.net client.

Does the game have an endgame yet? I know there’s a big update dropping to coincide with the PC release. Might reinstall it if there’s something to do when you have all the rooms.

Hopefully the pc version isn’t as buggy as the ios one. Save hand corruption in a game with micro transactions is shameful.

Not sure if anyone is still playing this, but they’ve added some new quests with the last update, including a time-limited one to coincide with the Nuka-World DLC for Fallout 4, where you have to rescue the Bottle and Cappy mascots.

I just finished it. Five missions. They are all fairly short in terms of arrival times, and upon completing them, the two mascots periodically visit your vault and raise happiness, and can be tapped (while they’re dancing) to get more caps and sometimes nukas.

Coming to Xbox One and Windows 10!! Play Anywhere!!! Everyone’s super-excited, right???

I’m kind of excited! Played this a bit on iOS when it was released but then just kind of … stopped. I might pick up this version again, for maybe 30 minutes.

It’s out now! Will be nice to be able to play this on my Surface.

This hit Steam today. I poked around in it briefly, and it seems cute with lots of cool references, but is it worth investing real time?

Hopefully they fixed the save corruption problem when they ported it to PC.