Far Cry 5 - Hope springs eternal

Delayed to March 27th.

Nice! More time to clear the winter sale backlog before the release.

Hope Springs… Eventually?

Yup. This is a Far Cry game.

Yep. Same game, different location. I might be too jaded on open-world games to play this but we’ll see. I’m a sucker for beautiful outdoor environments. If there really is fishing in this game, I’ll likely play it just for that.

At least you can’t crouch in tall grass and casually whistle the enemies over to you one at a time, a staple of most games I’ve been playing lately (Mad Max, Mafia III, AC Origins, Uncharted 4, Sniper Elite 4…).

Or can you?

Mad Max had no grass!

Just checking to see if you guys were paying attention. Yeah, that’s it.

Not sure I can stomach another Ubi game… but if I can hold off on the DLC for Wildlands maybe this will be fresh enough!

Far Cry 3 “Classic Edition” will come with the Far Cry 5 season pass.

Maybe they can make the trees look good from a distance this time. That really bothered me. Every time I climbed a tower and looked at the vista and saw all those ugly trees, it made me want to stop playing. So I did.

I miss Far Cry 2 with the African grasslands and the buddy saving mechanic.

I hope we get Far Cry 2 with the season pass for Far Cry 6!

Here is the breakdown of the other season pass content:

Hours of Darkness: Players will travel back in time to Vietnam to battle against Việt Cộng soldiers

Dead Living Zombies: Players will face hordes of zombies in multiple b-movie scenarios

Lost on Mars: Players will leave Earth behind to go toe-to-claws with Martian arachnids

Wow, that sounds fantastic.

I am buying that season pass, twice!

Well, keep in mind that only the Vietnam DLC sounds like “Far Cry” stuff. The other two are horde mode scenarios.

Also, I’ve asked for clarification, but from the wording it doesn’t seem PC season pass buyers get Far Cry 3.

So I just got an email from Ubisoft titled “Prepare for Mayhem” that had a gif embedded of someone casting a fishing line who is mauled by an offscreen bear (I’d include it but apparently it’s over Qt3’s size limit). And I’m wondering, is this supposed to sell me on this game? Because that reminds me of getting jumped by cougars in RDR, and that was no fun at all.

Yeah, those buggers were sneaky.

Hoping to find an X1 digital code at discount before launch… it’s 2018, no reason digital preorders still equals full retail price

Having roamed over the megascapes of Bolivia and Egypt in Wildlands and Origins, it’s hard for me to imagine that Montana is going to offer comparable scope. Maybe FC5 will be the reskin that gets a tired response and pushes them to extend development and refresh this series, as they did AC.