Far Cry 5 - Hope springs eternal

I pre-ordered FC5 with the season pass. And although I regret both purchases, the season pass DLCs have been downright awful.

Sadly I bought the season pass too. In my defense: they were making zombie DLC. I’ve just finished playing the first two levels of that zombie DLC. It may just be the worst take on zombies that I have ever seen. Maybe not as bad as the Mars DLC (I kinda liked the 'Nam one) but still awful.

I only have the base game but was really looking forward to the season pass stuff when they announced it. Sad to hear it ended up being evidence of “good idea does not mean it’ll be a good game”.

Yeah between what I’ve heard of the main game’s lackluster ending and the fact that all 3 dlcs were less than great, I am glad I held off, and had my Far Cry fill earlier this year when I played Primal.

I am still gonna pick up FC5 when its on deep sale, to experience the chaos.

The game itself is I think quite entertaining, even with the tomfoolery of the dumb story and wtf ending.

It’s not.

The game’s great. Played many, many hours coop with my kid…best coop game we’ve played together.

Yes, the DLC’s kind of suck but it’s kind of a bonus.

And, a lot of the arcade maps are fun.

I don’t know what this is about. New DLC maybe?

A new Fallout game? :D

The rumor is that it’s a quickie “sequel” set after 5’s canon ending. Production like Primal or Blood Dragon, so a lot of reused assets, etc.

That could work, done well.

Now this seems interesting…

I need Vats in far Cry!

Exactly what I hoped it would…n’t be. Yet another reskin.

Borderlands 3, are you here? I think somebody want to eat your sandwitch

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1060192734630371329?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1060192734630371329&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fthreadid%3D3804356%26userid%3D0%26perpage%3D40%26pagenumber%3D2409

So regarding Far Cry 5…

Main game is worth it, but story is disappointing. Skip all the DLC?

@Jason_McMaster I know you streamed a lot of this, I needs your opinion.

I never played much DLC, but I love the main game.

The main game was great. The DLC was mediocre, but I’ll give Ubi credit for trying different things with it. Unfortunately, none of it was very good.

Thirded here. Main game good, Viet Nam DLC ok-to-meh, other two DLCs just complete bollocks.