Far Cry Primal - In prehistoric eras, they still had towers to climb

Blowguns, I would guess. Poisons to craft and use, too. The Thief series did well enough without firearms, so I don’t see any reason that the lack of them in a Far Cry game should be a weakness.

Singshots! With different upgrades for the gut strings, leather pocket, and wooden handle.

Would much rather see little to no bows, and instead have spears, slings, and atlatls instead.

The Thief series is known for being a pure stealth experience, so I’m not sure it can be applied here…

I mean, maybe what you want to say is “I think this new Far Cry game will be different to the previous four and instead of an action game will be a stealth game!”.

I actually prefer the stealth experience in Far Cry 3 and 4. Taking out bases without raising the alarm is probably my favorite aspect of the game.

What I’m trying to say is that an FPS without firearms isn’t necessarily an automatic failure.

You guys and your weapon jokes.

I bet most of you aren’t even going to unlock all 150 ways of carving stone by the time you finish the game! Harumph. :-)

-Todd

You’ll also be able to tame some of the animals to a certain degree and use them as pets for your bidding. I have no idea what this looks like - are they fully under your control until they die? Is it a temporary thing? How much control can you exert over them?

It’s tantalizing to imagine the possibilities, though.

Why, choose what you want, no need to restrict others.

Hard not to be. I like the environments of the last two and the wildlife, but the collectathon of same worthless shit makes it a boring really fast.

The crafting system is a decent idea, but again they force it to make no sense because Ubisoft. Oh time to kill a shark because I need to carry more rockets! An alligator or bear or whatever won’t do the trick.

If they ever get the exploration to inject any real character, it could be incredible. The story always being complete shit doesn’t help either.

If they can move past the Fill Huge Spaces With Meaningless Garbage phase, I’ll be thrilled.

This sounds interesting, but I hope they don’t go all-in on it like Ark. I lost interest in that game when I realized it’s primarily an animal-taming sim.

Mainly because the existence of bow and arrows implies a later upper paleolithic period. If doing a stone age game, think it would be more interesting the farther back in time the game is set. It allows for a more unique experience, since the way tribes exist would be farther removed, and more likely interaction with Neanderthals as well in the middle paleolithic, even into the beginning of the upper. Also, by going back farther, if the game is a success, could make a sequel that moves into the upper period and help highlight the advances made by early humans in culture and tools.

And with the insane power that Ubisoft applies to arrows, it might make the game balanced to these as the primary projectile weapon. To be something uniquely different from previous games, I think it would be cool if they centered projectile weapons around darts and spears with different types of throwers. Make the player have to really think about throwing a spear which might be limited in supply instead of using it is a melee weapon.

I expect this to be as realistic as Roland Emmerich’s 10,000 BC as far as the tech and interactions with tribes and animals.

Aww, spoil sport. Can’t I at least imagine it will be cool and realistic until it comes out to shatter all my dreams and steal my ice cream cone?

It could even be about the aliens who visited and seeded earth with its human population back in the day!

Sorry, I was making a (lame) joke that you might be able to mod crack pipes and tampons back in later.

It’s a game, not a Stone Age simulator. Bows and arrows are fun, and they can certainly balance them vs. other weapons.

And I’m trying to say that it is, because the S in FPS means “shooter” :P.
This would be a first person action game, not a FPS.

Wait, so it’s a game sponsored by the History Channel?

I will now enjoy an actual chuckle. I assumed you meant modders could add interesting content lol.

You shoot bows. You shoot a blowgun. You shoot a slingshot. The absence of modern guns doesn’t mean a game stops being an fps.

But I should have written “an fps without modern firearms” earlier.