Fishing Sim World

I normally do sunrise clear sky as well, not sure if that had an effect

Arghh this stupid game doesn’t have an ultra wide screen mode and doesn’t work right since the menus don’t scale.

Oh man! The entry fees vs the winnings for the offline tourney is terrible (at least the first ones). So I figured what the hell and jumped online and the first tourney I see cost only 100 TP and is top weight of top 5 bass. So I jump in and end up 21st, get a couple of personal bests, and win 1900TP!

Found a great spot and kept pulling in 5-7lb bass. And more than a few large walleye, ugh.

Still, it was a blast!

How do I fish with live worms? I’m just starting and only have 3 lures that are all not live bait.
Also where would best lake location be to find bluegill?

There aren’t really any guides to any of this. I’ve learned all I know by trial and error.

I have no idea about bluegill, I’ve never gone looking for them. (I don’t think I’ve even accidentally caught one.)

i’ve caught a couple but only more by luck than judgement.

I have found it’s a pretty accurate game. I’ve caught most coarse fish the same way in real life so i’m sure Bluegill is the same way as in real life so worms or poppers on the surface or just below

@Knightsaber @Reemul

Can either of you tell me where the floating fishing bobs are mentioned in the tutorials?

I haven’t come across one, to be honest. I’ll look around the shop.

Ah ha, under Carp/Coarse in the shop, Floats are on the bottom right. You need a float reel, as well.

I was able to assemble the default rod, a float reel, a float and whatever bait you care to use after picking up the float reel.

Do I need money or points to be able to get them?

TP = Tackle Points, yes. You might start with a float, I never bought one but I have one for some reason. The reel is pretty cheap, you get points just for leveling up.

Go fish for anything for a while and you can go get one.

You do start with a Coarse / float kit as well

@jpinard @Knightsaber

What about a 24/48 hr offline competition. Post your best Bluegill on here.

Maybe. I’m trying to learn to find bass in Lake Boulder at sunset. I’m reasonably sure they don’t exist.

i’ll give that a go, dont normally do sunset

I don’t know about sunset, but Lake Boulder has been the best fishing for me. I’ve caught everything from yellow perch to bluegill, to bass and walleye. Might have got a pike there, but I don’t recall. I still hate Lake Arnold with a passion and have never had luck there.

All I really fish for currently is bass or predator fish. Carp don’t really interest me in the slightest, but I’ll give it a try at some point.

The current MP bass tourney is Boulder at sunset and I just plain can’t find any.

Edit: In the sunlight, no problem. Sunset I have no idea where they’re hiding.

I just got 2 in 2 casts at Sunset. The North spawn point Grills bait it’s called. Walked to the far end of the pier and cast in to the lillies using Honeycomb popper, 2 6lb ones.

Can your hook get snagged on branches or anything?

Tempted to get this as a casual, relaxing game.