Fishing Sim World

I found a Smallmouth spot but Smallmouth aren’t going to cut it.

I’ll try this Bluegill challenge.

And you can sort of get snagged, but if you keep reeling just pops out.

Very casual game. I use it to relax my anxiety away.

I’ve launched mine into trees and onto land. I just started reeling it in and didn’t notice there was any sort of ‘catch’ or anything.

On Lake Boulder I started on the north west ramp, and moved up along the western coastline where it was super deep right up to the edge of the rocks. If you move north you hit a small area that almost looks like a natural ramp down into the water. I parked on top of it and cast out over toward the deeper water to the south and when reeling in the water got shallower, then deeper again for a few yards, then shallow again. I stayed there the entire first time I did the online bass tourney and pretty consistently reeled in bass (small and large mouth) with my top 5 all over 5lbs and my biggest at 7 something. Plus bunch of walleye (which suck during a bass tourney).

Basically I’ve just tried to find the few shallow spots next to deep spots and reel across them. So far on LB, it’s worked.

Apparently bluegill are broken and are not caught like actual bluegill. Strange. I’m going to try something weird.

So far I’ve determined that:

1. Float fishing is miserably hard.

2. Bluegill might not exist.

That stinks as that was my #1 reason for getting the game.

I’m trying every method I can think of to find one. My log says I’ve caught two, but I don’t remember them at all. It also means I caught two by not using a float, since I’ve never tried a float before today.

Which mean that’s all sorts of broken. Bluegill should bite floats with small hooks and live bait and I either caught them with carp hooks/bait or a bass lure.

I’ve been working on figuring out which works, no luck so far.

I’d suggest you go for a refund then? Between this being broken and your anger about the ultra-widescreen resolution I saw on the Steam forum, it might not be the right one for you.

Read up on the other fishing games, maybe there are Bluegill in those? I dunno.

I really want this to work, part of my frustration. If it was crappy game I wouldn’t care :)

I did some more digging and read on the forum that apparently bluegill (bobber) fishing isn’t working right and they are possibly going to fix it in next patch? If I read that correctly? I was tired so hopefully I didn’t misunderstand.

Well, I figured out that the online tourney I thought I’d placed in was still going on. Guess they last a few days. I wasn’t able to add any better fish yesterday, so I’m sitting at 30th (maybe lower by this morning).

As far as bluegill, I caught mine using the base rat-l-trap. I’ve caught a ton of yellow perch but only a couple of bluegill. Think it was along one of the many docks on lake Arnold.

I found a great spot where you can catch Butterfly Koi.

:)

I can’t say I’ve ever seen a pack of Koi Carp like that.

Looks great

Once the water clears up a bit more I can get some better pictures up. We had some babies that were born in our frog canal (somehow some fertilized eggs from our pond ended up there. I fished them out yesterday and put them in the pond and they were instantly attracted to the nursery I made. But stupid raccoon knocked over a lily pot trying to catch our fish last night and made a giant mess. In fact, as I type this I hear them fighting outside. I set traps so will probably have angry raccoons in morning to move to someplace that is not our neighborhood.

Okay, you got me.

Teehee

Looks amazing, btw.

Thanks!

Son of a bbbbbbb-monkey’s uncle I hate the bass tournaments.

Sunset = where the hell did they all go?

Plus, every lure in the bass/predator category will catch everything in the lake. Pretty sure that’s not an actual thing that happens. Of course, someone already maxed out their 5 catches with the biggest bass that can possibly be found in the lake.

Honestly, spending hours and hours in single player trolling around the lake at sunset trying to find this magical spot is wearing thin.

On the plus side I got a top 10 in the carp tournament and made some insane game bucks.

I had asked on forum about bluegill and the developer responded with this:

At the moment it is not possible to catch bluegill on a float but we will be changing this in a future update.

So if you’ve been trying to catch bluegill this way and had no luck… this is why.

It needs fixes. I assume their fixes will be more DLC lakes.