FLOTUS under Trump

We can now add “Shade Queen” to the many titles Okoumou is worthy of. At a court appearance on Friday where was charged with trespassing, disorderly conduct, and interference with governmental administration (h/t Yahoo Lifestyle), the activist wore an outfit that took direct aim at Melania Trump without ever calling by her name.

Okoumou wore a sleveless, kelly green dress with the phrase, “I really care why won’t u?” printed in white on both the front and back. The question, written in all-caps, was a clear reference to an infamous Zara jacket Trump wore while visiting migrant children at a detention center in June.

Sometimes, in my weaker moments, I feel something akin to pity when I see something like this.

Wow, it’s hard not to, yeah.

No comment from Melania or her husband on the suicide of the 9yo kid due to bullying? Hmm, shocking.

The First Lady participated in a tree planting at the White House yesterday, using a golden shovel and wearing a $4,000 dollar dress. Pop quiz: circle the most surprising part of that sentence. Darling, this is how you garden. The plants don’t respect you if you don’t serve them fashion as well as fertilizer. Everyone knows that. You think Johnny Appleseed was stomping around the countryside wearing a nice dress and a crown? Of course he was! Your lewk better be flawless if you’re out in the forest. Nothing shades you like a disapproving apple tree.
[…]
I’m not sure what part of this ensemble is most impressive. Is it the red bottoms, with a spiked heel for aerating the soil? Is it the Romantic Garden brocade Valentino skirt, originally priced at $4,000, with the flower pattern inspired by Cuba (!!!)? No, I think it’s the shovel. The golden shovel. Like a metaphor that’s beating me over the head.

You have to respect this family for staying on theme. Presuming that theme is “We just really love gold, like a couple of villains in a morality play.”

She was literally dressed like the Nazi collaborator from raiders of the lost ark.

First it’s tan suits, now it’s white hats. Will the White House ever learn?

Brown shirts?

There’s never been in modern history a more unhappy looking first lady.

In modern times has there been a First Lady married to a sleazier, more ignorant, more self-centered President. In addition, there have certainly been other philandering Presidents (cough Kennedy) but Trump does seem to have taken it up to another level.

and never did one deserve it more.

That vapid, racist c**t has spent months planning these outfits and there’s no way her and her team don’t know the implications of glorification for colonialism. I hope you lot have her up next to her husband facing the firing squads the day after the revolution succeeds.

using fashion to own the libs

To be honest, I am unaware of any reports since Trump became President.

When I see criticisms of the First Lady’s fashion choices, I consider them every bit as valid as all that outrage over Obama’s tan suit that one time.

This stuff is silly, and focusing on it makes us look like easily outraged, silly people.

I usually don’t care about her fashion choices either. She was a model, so her look is going to be a lot more on the edge than middle America prefers. That said, the criticism over her “I really don’t care do u?” jacket when going to visit immigrant children in separation facilities was valid. Even for a Zoolander style model, that was insulting and tone deaf.

I’m sort of with @Oghier here. Although this sort of stuff shows an amazing amount of tone deafness, it only ranks as something like outrage 998 on my list of 10000 crappy things Trump has done.

I’m pretty uninterested in what First Spouses do generally, but yeah, the ‘i don’t care’ jacket was pretty breathtaking.

Michelle Obama’s speech had the biggest impact on me of any First Spouse activity since Nancy Reagan’s ‘Just Say No’ campaign. Yeah, that one actually stuck, in tandem with a very drug-negative 7th grade science teacher. I’ve still never smoked pot.