Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

Apex had the same problem with separate input pedals because it’s a Windows store issue, (UWP), not a game issue. With pedals connected to the wheel itself Apex’s wheel feel was… ok. Aside from being a bit sloppy around the centre of the wheel even with the deadzone set to zero The Crew’s wheel support surprised me as being pretty solid.

I’m happy to see Apex and Horizons appear on PC and I realise it’s not a sim, but I can’t pay $60 to play a driving game with a gamepad, the same way I wouldn’t pay $60 to play a flying game with a gamepad when my HOTAS is right there.

The success of the game on PC will be determined by gamepad users, not folks like me, so hopefully it sells well enough, long enough, that “proper” wheel support arrives. I’m not even asking for H Pattern support, but it sure would be nice to be able to use my loadcell pedals.

I don’t have a preload option in my library for it.

regarding wheels, the 360 versions of Forza had amazing wheel support. Horizon not so much and xbox one Forza not so much either.

edit: also interesting that even though windows says I’m up to date and no updates available the game’s minimum requirements has a version of windows higher than what I’m running.

Reading the gaf preload thread, seems like the issues I had with Apex and KI half a year ago are still going with full swing

Yep I had this, the anniversary Update hadn’t updated on my windows even though auto update was enabled. Took about 45 minutes did it last night by running auto update check and it found the release. 1607 it is called.

I am looking at getting this on Pc/ Xbox one.

Anyone have an idea if this will work. I can pay it either on my xbox one or pc but will my kids be able to play it on their profiles if I am not playing as their own game and not using my game.

I know if we both want to do coop I will need another version but individually can we have our own games going on the Xbox one?

Reemul, as long as you have your Xbox One set as your Home Xbox One, your kids can play whether or not you’re signed in.

You should even be able to play the PC version at the same time they’re playing the Xbox version, as long as you’re on different gamertags.

Excellent that would be great.

I am easily amused by small things, it’s true, but I figured I’d share this one in the off chance I’m not alone - one of the achievements for FH3 is for expanding your festival 10 times, whatever that means. But the name of the achievement is “YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS”.

I had to look that one up. Starcraft reference!

As I said, easily amused.

Just had my download crap out and reset again at the 30 GB mark. That’s the third time it’s done that since my last post yesterday. At this point I’ve downloaded roughly 100 GB from the Windows store with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Going into this purchase I was just hoping that the PC version would run okay. I can’t say that I was expecting the game to not even download correctly. This seems like an absurd problem to be having in 2016. Congratulations Microsoft, your horrible PC gaming legacy continues in grand fashion.

hope it goes soon then, it also thinks I don’t have enough memory or video memory and I do.

Sorry for the troubles. The Turn10 team posted an update for people having trouble with their downloads. While it’s not the prettiest thing, it may help some of you get unstuck.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm557536_FH3-Win10-Install-Restarting-Issue----Possible-workarounds.aspx#post_557536

[QUOTE]Hi folks,

Multiple players have reported an issue where downloads of Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10 continually restart, and are not yet completed. For these users, we have received two workarounds that may possibly address the issue:

1. Installing the game to a non-system drive
  2. Or wait until the game is fully released in your region, cancel the download, then restart the download.

We will continue to investigate this issue and will update the community with new information when it is available.

Thanks,
Brian[/QUOTE]

I got my windows 10 updated so it now reads the min req correctly, but I’m still not seeing any options to download at all on any of the store pages despite it saying I own it.

edit: the manage option finally showed up after several refreshes. quite odd

So, any impressions from people who took the plunge? Been reading gaf pc performance thread

People in general complaining about stuttering, some lags, weird shadows, pop-in.

Pretty decent writeup at Ars on some of the performance issues.

BL: if you’ve got a powerful rig, you can blast 4K ultra…at 30 fps. If you want higher fps that’s where the problems begin.

Here another report from Fraser Brown on PCGamesN. He seemed to have no issues whatsoever getting above 60 fps on High and Ultra settings on a 970. Granted this was at 1080p which seems to be the optimum resolution as far as performance goes.

I just wanted to say as an FYI about the Windows Store…its fine. In fact its good enough that I actually play some phone games MORE than my PC Games! Modern Combat 5 made me laugh as I totally PWNED tablet and phone users in the early PVP Levels! not so much now since its all win10 players at the plat level. biggest issue for Windows Store is its lack of games…

Anyway, don’t be scared of the windows store. its perfectly fine. And is it just me, but why does MS always have a bit of a problem with PR, people seem to like to ‘hate’ on all things MS, from win 10 to xbox one to even back when they had a pretty good mp3 in Zune.

And on the opposite end everybody gets WET all over Sony and Apple… makes no sense. I dont think the PS4 is anything that great, and apple phones, they’re above audio outs. but oh well…

Kinda mad Microsoft is ruining a perfectly good thread about this game by botching the PC side and giving you all so much to complain about.

Over here on the Xbone, this game is pretty sweet so far!

@WhollySchmidt I don’t think this release has been botched by any means. The worst I’ve seen is some problems pre-loading (which I guess is a real problem for some people but that’s really just a time problem) and some performance optimization issues at 1440p and 4K resolutions but certainly not game breaking by any means. For those of us whose last MS console was the 360, getting some Forza love on the PC is worth whatever small hassles have come with it so far (haha actually not sure why I’m defending this right now as I don’t even own it and I’m very much a Crew fanboy so it might be awhile before I grab this). Anyway the game looks great!