Forza Horizon 4 - CaRPG in the UK

Your screenshot was messed up, so I fixed it for you:

FTFY

Given the colossal failure of The Crew 2, I’m tempted to try this.

-Tom

It’s interesting how… casual the game is, really.

-If you don’t like a type of race, with the way the game is divided (you do type X to unlock more X content), you can ignore whatever you aren’t interested.
-If you don’t like a particular race, you can create a new variation in that place and play that.
-Of course the game offers a wide array of difficulty and assist options for drive.
-You don’t have to win races. You don’t even have to get into the Top 3. You receive a bit less of xp/credits, that’s it, but the difference isn’t that big.

But still it doesn’t matter a lot, once a race starts, I put the effort in racing the best I can.

As I play I notice more and more things they bother me. They are not new things, I think it was the same in FH3. It’s just the effect of playing dozens of hours into a game, you start to notice details that missed before, and your standards of what the experience should be turn higher and higher, too. It’s why there are game reviews on Steam with 300 hours played, and a negative score (lol).

In this case, I’m talking of the AI, it isn’t as consistent as it should be. There is an amount of rubber banding, but I don’t have a problem with that, it’s normal in a game like this. But, in addition to that:
-they also have extra grip on the first curves, speeding up with low powered class cars in a way they shouldn’t be able (they zoom past you, when you are at max speed already), while on the other hand they mysteriously lose a bit of power in the last curves. It’s all pretty fake.
-The AI is better at X class than S1 or S2 classes, because it doesn’t have the player’s problem of controlling all that power like a real human.
-The AI isn’t affected by simulation damage, as commented before.
-In a D class retro sport race I noticed something interesting: they were faster than my slow-as-hell car, passing me by one after another, but the circuit had a part with a download slope. In that part I could drive 40 km/h faster than my normal speed, and thanks to that I recovered and even won at the end. But one moment, shouldn’t gravity affect the same to all the cars? They should also got the 40km/h extra speed! I think the AI is coded in a pretty fake way, and they have some kind of ‘cars of D class and this type should move at this speed’ simple rule, which works 90% of the time but in situations like the one I described, it breaks the experience.

Some of those sound like bugs, I don’t remember ever noticing anything like that in the earlier games.

So on the last session, I finished Winter and started Spring. The second barn find car is amazing on the road, but I love that it’s low clearance means it’s a really shitty car to use on Dirt tracks. I can almost feel myself getting mired in the mud as my tires spin. But I can only take so much of that. Luckily the third barn find is a car tailor made for the dirt, so I’ve been using that all day today.

As always, I ran into the sound bug again. It seems to crop up about 15 minutes after I start playing. Every time. But then goes away in a minute or two and doesn’t crop up again.

I started having some issues with the sound today, most noticeable when I was scouting for barns in the drone. Wonder if it’s an issue with loading in new areas and the hard drive not being able to keep up (my SSD is too full). There were also a few points where the game completely froze up while doing the World’s Fastest events, and then 10 seconds or so later was fine. I’d consider shelving the game for a while and waiting for patches if I wasn’t on a Game Pass-imposed time limit.

Something that isn’t clear to me - how do I continue the seasonal championships? Does that imply one race per season and having to wait for next week?

When you open a new one, it should create 3 more icons in the map, the races of the championship.

Personally, I’m tired already of Fall, I wish the change of seasons would be every 3 or 4 days instead of a week.

The championships are a little confusing - yes, when you start one, it pops up 3 icons for the 3 events.

But what’s confusing is that after you complete some or all of those three events, it might cause other events to pop up on the map too because of how the game’s natural progression works. The natural progression means that if you do one type of race, it unlocks other races of that same type.

So eventually it gets a little overwhelming because so many icons popped up.

The two easy ways I’ve found to track the championship are:

• Use map filters to deselect “all” and select just seasonal / etc. events I care about

• Use the “Anna” assistant and choose “I want to race” - this should automatically guide you to your next event in the series you’re currently participating in.

That’s tempting, but what about the house in the Northwest that says it will double my Forzathon er, something or other. I’m not sure what it was, skills? Credits? XP? I forget which. But that house is 5 million credits.

Besides, wheel spins could all turn out to be clothing. I think my last 3 have all been shoes.

I ended up buying the Manor for 2 million credits. Fast Travel anywhere seemed like a good perk, plus it came with 10 superspins. From that I got my first Forza Edition car, an Alfa Romeo with Event Infuence boost. Feeling pretty good about that purchase.

S U P E R S P I N !

Yeah, I feel your pain Mr_Bismarck. I’m familiar.

I did get my first Forza Edition car a little earlier. It’s a late 60s American muscle car. It gives me a boost to all speed skills.

Except it’s completely bonkers. The car can’t turn. I mean, you go down the road, and you can’t even make a gentle right along the road. This thing just goes in a straight line. Of course, given this game’s flimsy stone walls and fences, I have to admit that’s quite fun anyway.

I got an Aston Martin FE that was horrible to drive with, then I used a tune created by someone else, and now it’s one of my favorite cars, it has incredible grip.

My son got 3 cars on a multispin, just a lucky so and so.

I’m actually kind of confused by Xbox game pass on PC. So on the Horizon 4 Windows Store page, it says it is included free in Xbox game pass. Then when I click the game pass link, they bounced me to the Xbox game pass page, which says it works only on Xbox.

So as a person without an Xbox but only a Windows 10 PC, if I subscribe to Xbox game pass (or accept the 14-days free trial), will I be able to play Horizon 4 on PC? Does anyone know?

The official FAQ is no help at all. It says “The Xbox Game Pass is an Xbox One, Xbox Play Anywhere, and Xbox 360 backwards compatibility game subscription for Xbox One [only???].” The operative word “only” is missing. If Game pass doesn’t work on Windows 10, wtf would they advertise it on Windows 10 Store?

Oh Mircosoft, you make it so easy for PC gamers to hate you.

PS: wait, got it. Game pass does work on Windows 10, but sometimes it doesn’t.

It will work as I did exactly this, you can also get Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 this way and potentially others.

It’s supposed to be for Xbox, but Xbox Play Anywhere games work on Windows 10 and Xbox, and you’re supposed to be able to go back and forth.

Like your second link says, on PC, make sure you go through the Windows Store App on Windows 10, not just the webpage, and it should work.

Xbox isn’t only the Xbox console. Xbox live is the service itself, and I also have the Xbox app in Windows 10, with the friend list, achievements, etc. It’s all common with Windows.

Xbox Game Pass with Xbox Play Anywhere isn’t a bad proposition. There are AAA games available on Windows 10, in additional to Horizon 4: e.g. Sea of Thieves, Gears 4. A couple of months playing the crap out of those games would be much cheaper than buying outright. Though it seems the game selection is region locked. In my neck of the wood the games available are a lot less than the US. There is no Horizon 3 nor Forza 7.

FH3 is not part of game pass anywhere.

Hm, now I don’t know where I got the idea that gamepass included Horizon 3. o_O

Anyway, I’m playing Horizon 4 one way or another, just need to find TIME.