Forza Horizon 4 - CaRPG in the UK

I personally only drive the “super cars” that are AWD. Just can’t be effective myself with other ones. In fact I like the ones in the lower tiers like Subaru’s too.

AWD cars handle better overall, but RWD cars can be faster - you’ll notice most conversions to AWD improve everything but the speed rating, which usually dives.

I’m at the point where I still PREFER AWD, but I can mostly live with RWD cars. For road racing, anyway. For off-road and dirt, it’s all AWD (which most trucks and rally cars are anyway).

Also, while I’d love to continue contributing to the conversation here, I’m apparently restricted to three posts for some reason. So I guess I’ll be back again when they let me say more.

I drive anything mostly drcided by which cars i like,don’t really look at drive however that’s probably why I only finish towards the back sometimes

If I need extra traction I’ll run my Nissan GT-R (which I utilized in the winter a lot) which is AWD, but I hate the massive understeer that AWD cars have, so other than that I’ll take RWD all day. I bought a Hennessy Venom and upgraded it last night and went through every speed trap and 3-starred them. I don’t think I’ll be needing another car when it comes to road racing. Top speed of 266 mph so far…

Wow. I had trouble setting the Spring Speed Trap speed of 235mph on my Lambo Hurican. Only after driving two miles of roads did I make it up the hill and across that speed trap at 235 exactly.

I got that one too. I don’t know if other cars are faster (I had considered a Chiron as well), but I’ll say this one is definitely fast enough. And it handles very well considering its massive power.

Does anyone know if you can go somewhere to see a list of things like top speed, favorite car, longest jump, etc?

If there is such a list, I would want to see which car in the game has the best brakes. It’s not as relevant in the Horizon games, but the mainline Forza games that shit is really important because it indicates how long you can ignore that brake line that’s guiding you.

Talking about seasonal challenges, I saw you all talking about the Winter Danger Sign yesterday and had 15 minutes to spare so I thought I’d give it a go. I signed into the game and appeared at my VIP house in the north and noticed that the season change warning had popped up and I had four and a half minutes until spring…

I changed out of my road racing Clio into my Baja Bug and hammered across roads and fields to try to make it to the jump, which was about five KM away. Got to the bottom of the hill and got lined up with about 20 seconds to spare, gunned it, hit the ramp and flew into the air and… the season change triggered while I was in mid-air.

I jumped in winter and landed in spring on the other side of the cut scene with the little rainy house.

The best part is the game didn’t recognise me as landed, so as I drove away the counter kept going up into four figures. Then the game crashed.

I got some questions about how rivals work.

1. When you beat someone’s time does that person get a notification in their my rivals menu?

2. If not, what is that menu for?

3. Is the monthly rival track the same for everyone? Mine is currently “Lakehurst copse circuit”.

4. How can I compete against my friends their times? I can’t seem to find leaderboards.

I haven’t looked into Rivals yet. I’ve been too busy with Seasonal activities.

Speaking of which, did anyone get yesterday’s daily? How the heck are you supposed to do a triple pass? I assume that means pass 3 cars in a race within a certain time frame? I guess I could turn down the difficulty from Expert, but that would feel like cheating.

That weekly challenge to get a skill score of 2 million on the Volkswagen is ridiculous. After a couple of hours I only have 40k. No way i’m Going to grind that out.

They are the worst. They are’t even real challenges of skill, it’s just ‘grind x hours with y car’. That’s it.

Yeah they suck. I just ignore them.

I imagine a keyboard script would get this done trivially on pc overnight though. Not sure about console, maybe just tape the accelerator and thumb stick.

I’m not desperate for Forza points. 😛

Just hoped for something more interesting to do to get them. The whole Forzathon thing seems a little half baked.

For the weekly challenge with the right stupid tune on the car and the right bit of Scottish landscape you can put 250,000 points together in one skill chain.

This is done via drifting, but eventually the game has had enough of drifts and stops giving you points for it so you have to blend in something else. Hit a little jump because of a ridge in the scenery or knock over a tree or wall and you’ll get “wreckage” points and the game will then count your continued drift as if it’s a new skill to add to the multiplier.

You can also do this at one of the larger roundabouts - just pop up to 4th from 3rd gear and your turn will widen, bumping you into a sign or a hedge, and then drop back into 3rd to tighten your turn and go back to drifting.

Amusingly I was smoking up the roundabout so long that I ended up with four other drivers just ripping doughnuts around it at the same time. None of them in the weekly event car, although one was in a VW Camper Van.

Bearing in mind I’m not a good drifter (as anyone who has seen my drift scores will attest), this has wracked up about 1.1million points in about 20 minutes, so if you do it while there’s a skill song playing on the radio you could be done with this event in well under an hour.

The only requirements are that you have TC off and manual gear changes on (auto-clutch is fine).

Guess MS gave up on trying to teach me anything, today they sent me the English language version:

" MASTER BRITAIN’S ELEMENTS
Feel the changing seasons transform your surroundings as you experience historic Great Britain from the driver’s seat.

Brave the weathered roads with friends or on your own, with over 450 cars to race, stunt, collect, and modify.*

Whatever road you take leads you closer to Horizon Superstardom. MASTER BRITAIN’S ELEMENTS
Feel the changing seasons transform your surroundings as you experience historic Great Britain from the driver’s seat.

Brave the weathered roads with friends or on your own, with over 450 cars to race, stunt, collect, and modify.*

Whatever road you take leads you closer to Horizon Superstardom."

I would have respected them more if they had stuck to their guns.

I went to the Rivals tab, and I looked at the monthly rivals track. Instead of choosing the bottom name from my friends list as is the default, I chose the best time on my friends list (which was yours). And that was a mistake, because 20 minutes later, I wasn’t even close to getting your lap time, and I eventually quit the game.

That track is a lot tougher than the tracks in most racing games. Usually tracks from real life, especially have much longer straights, and less technical corners. This track is crazy hard when I’m going up against someone like you, whose ghost made only two slight mistakes that I can spot in the whole lap.

Plus like ShakesMcQueen implied above, I think the McLaren Senna is too much car for me. This track wouldn’t be this freakin’ hard with a B class or even an A Class car.

The new seasonal road race is a bit naff all round. The pay to play one which I just find a bit in your face and then the regular one is just awful cars and tracks. Boo!!!*

*Till next week when I look forward to the next one :)

I just got bumped down by someone on my monthly rival board and got no notification, so the answers to 1 and 2 appear to be “no” and “no idea.”

For 3 it’s yes - we all see the same track and for 4 you can use one of the gamepad buttons to cycle the rival list through all, close (in time set), frineds, club, and friends and club.

@Dirklectisch, I did beat your time on the monthly Rivals track. Did you get a notification on the Rivals panel when you logged into the game today?