Forza Horizon 4 - CaRPG in the UK

It’s doable if you have the bonus point house.

With xcloud sign in at X:55 and assuming you’re on a populated server you should get 60 points in the next 15 minutes. I needed three live blimps to top mine off for the car.

I think the season changes today though so you might not be able to get this one.

My wife needed her solo time last night, so I didn’t get much time for games, sadly. I’m still hoping I just misremember how many points I have. Hopefully I have enough.

Easter update,

What’s new… oh, Horizon Promo is back. Basically you collect the cars in photo mode. Hit up and snap anything with a camera floating above it. You can see what you’ve got & missing in the cars list. There’s ~650 in total, but no real rewards for catching them all.

100 gets you a car, 2018 Ferrari Portofino
200 gets you the other, 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2

A couple weeks ago there was a new “Express Delivery” mission set & achievements.

There’s one more interesting thing in this update… arguably the worst co-op trial ever. Well, no, that was Warthogs, but this might be the 2nd worse. Extreme Buggies for a Bunny Suit. Super tune them and/or hope all the rest of your team quits. The only people I know who’ve won this so far was because everyone else left during the first race.

#Forzathon shop:
300 - 2019 Rimac Concept Two
450 - 2018 X-raid John Cooper Works Buggy
Haunted House horn

Ready for Forza 8 now! Maxed out my reward tiers with this stay at home stuff. Those old 360 games are still fun in 2020.

Anniversary gift - 200 super wheelspins in the messages.

This will ruin the game for anyone who enjoys slowly collecting stuff.

I loaded up the PC version and had no such thing so I wonder if it only applies to certain versions.

It was a mistake and has since been corrected. They didn’t mean for everyone to get 200 free spins.

After all I’ve done for them!

I did get 20 triple spins when I logged in.

I got none. :(

They were in my (very full) in-game mailbox.

I had 20 and another 14 in my message box, got some nice stuff, 6 million in credits and Ferrari P4 and a couple of Horizon Edition Cars so not unhappy

I ran into this problem finally. I finished in second place in a race, but just couldn’t get first, so I stopped hitting “retry”, and just quit the race and went back with an upgraded car. But then, I realized oh shit, which race was it? It doesn’t indicate which races you’ve won or lost, just that you completed them or not. Luckily I did finally find the race and finished first this time, but it’s criminal that you can’t filter the races where you competed but didn’t come in first or didn’t podium. Or that you can’t try to sort cars by miles driven or something.

But still, I’m enjoying the heck out of this. Playing it at 60fps on Series X brings a whole new joy to the game. I did quite a few of the boards this week that seemed to be impossible when I first played the game back in 2018. Like the ones on the roofs of buildings and such. I found a way to get to each one. There’s still something like 10 of them that I can see, but I still have no idea how to reach. And then there’s about 40 boards left whose location I just don’t know.

I also tried the longer race, the Colossus again for the first time since 2018, and I came in first place this time in my McLaren Sienna. Wooohoo! That was exhilarating. Doing the Colussus at 60 fps in a hypercar is awesome.

I do also need to go back to Forza Horizon 3 at some point too, though I’m afraid it’s going to look pretty bad, since that’s not going to get a Series X update. Maybe I should wait until I actually get a new PC to go back to that one. It would be amazing if I had a PC that could play these Horizon games at 60fps.

Well that certainly looks very Trackmaniaesque. In a good way.

December 8th? That’s tomorrow! That’s the best kind of announcement.

I hope it doesn’t require too much space. My Series X is almost filled to the brim already.

This isn’t out yet, right? There was a big update when I opened the game but I haven’t played for a while and I’m not seeing any intro video or any sign in the UI that it’s playable.

D’oh! I was going to try it this morning before work, but I completely forgot.

Btw, I finished the Stunt Driver story missions finally. They were all pretty good. And then I looked at the map and found that the game actually has a lot more story missions. Were these all added post launch? I just remember there being the Stunt Driver story when the game first came out. Anyway, bonus! I’m looking forward to doing all those.

A few Taxi Driver stories now and a few others, noticed them when I logged back in the other week.

It seems like competing with Dirt 5 a bit. Dirt 5 has a bunch of user made tracks available that looks just like this kind of thing.

Should be an hour after this post.

I’m going to save this for a month or two. Gotta have a reason to play Forza on the new TV & series X I own across the country. You guys have fun :)