Forza Horizon 4 - CaRPG in the UK

Looks like we get to drive the Cyberpunk car in FH4:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-10-cyberpunk-2077s-star-car-just-popped-up-in-forza-horizon-4

Neat.

How do you get the Cyberpunk car?

I spent some time with the game last couple of days, but I didn’t see any mention of it anywhere.

Did anyone else try the Super 7 events?

I’m not a fan so far. It seems to be random events that players put together, and I’m not impressed with their efforts. I played about 15 events so far, and only about 3 of them were actually fun.

I was hoping I’d see more content from Playground games for the super 7 events, not from other players. Other players are terrible at design.

For instance, there was this one had me go up a ramp for over a mile, and then I fell off. And the game is not very good at rendering the UK from a mile overhead. There were lots of black spots and missing textures and it just looked horrible.

Other players are shit. Someone please hand the reins back to real designers please.

I’ve not done many, but, yeah, they weren’t amazing. I’m hoping that over time experience and the algorithm will improve that, but it would be good to have a better way to preview the events and pick and choose what to play.

This too.

Cyberpunk car drives better in FH4 than it does in the actual game it’s from.

Hey you know that chalk horse we drive past all the time in this game?

Not only is it based on a real thing in the UK, it’s 3000 years old? Woah!

If you played Valhalla you’d know it was at least 1200 years old :)

The Cerne Abbas Giant is down the road from where I live - About 300 years old.

Funny. I never considered people from abroad might not think those are real. :)

Yep. They (see giant) exist and are quite a sight.

I can see why that one isn’t in the game.

Me too! I drove past the real thing so many times that when I saw it in game I thought “oh nice” and then never thought about it again.

The zoo near where I grew up did a similar thing to make a large chalk lion. Just not, you know, three thousand years ago.

Gosh this game is fun. I accidentally clicked on The Eliminator. It’s such a buzz! I didn’t win, but I won a few challenges within it.

And Aisha’s taxi missions are a blast. I’ve 3-starred 3 of them so far.

I 3-starred all the slipping and slidding missions last night. I was a man obsessed. I was up until 1:30 in the morning. I just couldn’t stop repeating them until I got three stars and I got through all the Drift Club missions.

Phew! That was actually more fun than I’ve ever had in any drift part of any driving game. Usually I’m just flummoxed by how I’m supposed to get it done, but the drift club missions give you plenty of time and plenty of road to work with to get your score up. So it’s just a matter of consistently try to go fast and sideways at the same time.

So I just got my new Xbox setup with Gamepass and I’m really enjoying this game. It looks like the DLC for this is onsale right now. Is there any must have DLC or any that is considered not good?

There’s a pack with all of the DLC on sale. I really liked all the expansion stuff.

I bought the second one first, because I thought, wow, a Lego land to play around in, how cool is that? And it is cool.

I bought Fortune Island last night, and I have to admit, I’m liking it even more than the Lego one so far. Lego one is very cool at first, but I got tired of being in just Lego areas after a while and went back to the UK to have more fun.

Thanks, I might give Fortune Island a try then. I see they also have car packs but I already have a ton of cars after just playing for a few hours, I don’t know what I would do with more of them right now.

Coming to Steam March 9.

Whuuuttttttttt

For anyone that doesn’t have it yet, it’s the best arcade racing game ever made in my opinion. Very highly recommended, even at full price.